Roof Pitch Indicator

country

Joe, I was wondering if something like that would be possible. I like to do all of this in my sections where the current roof pitch label doesn't work. I definitely would rather it was live because I often change roof pitches in the course of a design and as Scott mentioned I don't want it to be wrong.

Sherry I do understand wanting it to be live which would be great this is why I draw my pitch block the way I do all of the angles are to the pitch of the roof so it doesn't take much to see that the block and roof pitch are different, then I just select the roof of go to my roof layout plan which has the pitch label on as per Scott and select the new pitch block and paste it to the plan, yes it would be nice to have it live

Sherry,

I've created a macro %Roof_Label_Slope% and a 3D Symbol that "Sits on Roof" (basically a Triangular 3D Face) which I named %Roof_Label_Slope% - it's an Exterior Fixture.

The macro has to be in the Plan and when you place the Symbol on a Roof Plane it has the Label %Roof_Label_Slope%.  In order to get the Label to display you have to open the object and click Specify Label.  That will cause the label to display in the form "8:12".  If your slope isn't 8:12, you can adjust the height of the symbol to match the roof slope and the label will change accordingly.

It works - but IMO it's more work than just creating a 2D CAD Block that you can move/copy as needed.

OTOH, I think it should be fairly simple for CA to create a Label to attach to a Roof Line to do the job.  2D Graphics programming is not that complicated.

Hi Ray , looks like the export didn't work correctly are you in X7beta   ? , maybe a setting on my end though? quite a few of both libraries have the text part in a vertical orientation rather than horizontal so it is hidden behind the pitch triangle

post-315-0-11191300-1425412616_thumb.jpg

Ray

I will give your symbols a try on my next drawing. Once I go to con docs I don't usually change much because clients understand that is much bigger dollars than at the design stage.

It doesn't really take any more time at that stage but I like to give them an incentive to make final decisions and stick with it.

looks like they have to be unblocked and blocked again, I notice that a lot of text doesn't have auto height and auto width check under options so that could be what the problem is when I exported them, try to unblock and select the txt go to options size and select auto height and suto width and see what happens

Hi Ray , thanks again , actually the X6 Library appears fine , I closed X7 and reopened etc just to be sure , and the x7 export libraries both have issues but the Arial X6 one is fine per your Pic of the house earlier , perhaps delete the X7 libraries from that post and leave the X6 library on the thread , and if you wouldn't mind refreshing the non arial library from X6 too that would be great thanks , appreciate your time.

M.

These things are better stored in a CAD Detail Window of the Default Plan rather than the Library.

Joe, I have a lot of details in my lib. I couldn't possibly put all them in a cad window. I can imagine how slow that would make chief run.

sjalheim they look good I like to have the roof cad line angle on the right angles just so that I can see quickly if I am putting the correct pitch cad block to the pitch that is on the roof but that is just my personnel preference I like the symbol idea

Hmmm, not sure where this ranks on the easy scale. I make the symbol (text, lines) and create the Cad block, then add it to the library. Then I go to Toolbar Customization, select "Place Library Object" and drag that to my new toolbar. After I drag as many as I need, I close the Toolbar Customization, then click the new button. The Library Object Button Specification window pops up, I click the library button to select the object I need which populates the image, and I have my toolbar. 

Not sure if I added info that you already know. :) 

Hmmm, not sure where this ranks on the easy scale. I make the symbol (text, lines) and create the Cad block, then add it to the library. Then I go to Toolbar Customization, select "Place Library Object" and drag that to my new toolbar. After I drag as many as I need, I close the Toolbar Customization, then click the new button. The Library Object Button Specification window pops up, I click the library button to select the object I need which populates the image, and I have my toolbar. 

Not sure if I added info that you already know. :)

Very nice, thanks!