The Correct Way To Get Schedules To Layout

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

...or if you didn't set up page 0 properly to use Joe's suggestion just overlay the page number that's there with a white filled cad box and then add S-1 over the top. Down and dirty but should work for now.

I set it up based on the user guide KB etc. I know the zero page is the master, I don't know what else I NEED TO KNOW since I believe I FOLLOWED the instructions correctly? I'll do the paste thing.

Bob,

Go to page zero, select the text for the sheet number, and change it to %layout.label%

...but remember if you do it will change every page and every number unless you used the page edit feature from the project browser. I would leave it - get the job out the door then learn the nuances of page layout. Your call.

Larry's right, changing the Layout to use this feature will be more work.  In the long run it can be a great help - but if you're in that much of a time crunch.......

Here's a pic of my Layout Page zero.  It includes an automatic Sheet Index and more sheets than you will probably use in most cases.

post-47-0-72950600-1425063626_thumb.jpg

And if they aren't they could/should be then another view sent to Layout with the Roof plan cropped out showing only the schedules. Sorry, not sure what the problem is with something as simple as sending plan views, with schedules to Layout?

And Bob maybe you're a beginner but getting a job of that size out of Chief as an early Chief user is quite an accomplishment. Nice job.

Thanks Larry!

I've a LONG ways to go! THE X6 Gremlins are STILL AT WORK!

• Solution

When you get a breath check training vids 5205 and 5219 for page and Layout tips.

Thanks Larry I will do that, as SOON as I can COME UP FOR AIR!

I do THANK all the folks that jumped in now and in the past (I def have asked for a lot of help but not until I felt I had reached the end of the proverbial rope). I don't like using "WORK AROUNDS" when there is a viable answer somewhere, and as Glenn Woodward pointed out, you can definitely stumble over your own feet when you resort to work arounds vs using the appropriate tools/operations.

SO, on to the next level (maybe)at least the client called and thanked me for the extra effort today to meet his dead-line. He is having the project printed now at the printers, and if I understood him he's going out for prelim bids / const budget! I'll be a happy camper when I can post photo's of the construction and finished project. Oh yes, what really was super great was he and his team ALL got the X6 viewer and are AMAZED when they view the plan with it.

Thanks everyone!

...at least the client called and thanked me for the extra effort today to meet his dead-line. Oh yes, what really was super great was he and his team ALL got the X6 viewer and are AMAZED when they view the plan with it.

Nice work. I keep forgetting to use the client viewer but will add that to my tool box shortly.

Joe_Carrick, on 27 Feb 2015 - 1:00 PM, said:

Larry's right, changing the Layout to use this feature will be more work. In the long run it can be a great help - but if you're in that much of a time crunch.......

Here's a pic of my Layout Page zero. It includes an automatic Sheet Index and more sheets than you will probably use in most cases.

Joe, if I keep at it I will learn, but there is as someone else posted, a definite need for a "lessons-learned" or "best practice" lane for slow drivers like me to ride in!

I DO need to learn how to set up the layout page w/ auto sheet index and use it!