How To Remove Wall Board From Ceiling In A Room

rmiles4015

Using Home Designer Suite 2015 build 16.4.120OSX on a Mac.

Working on finishing a basement where some of the rooms do not have a finished ceiling. 

How do I specify that a ceiling has no wall board? I tried to specify 0" Ceiling Finish in the Room Specification / Structure, but then when I view the room with the 3D camera all I see is the sky, rather than the joists.

The objective is to have an accurate materials list.

Thanks

Hello,

You have posted on our professional forum which applies to our Chief Architect products.  In the future you will find more relevant content by posting and searching our HomeTalk forum.  Here is a link for your reference. https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

The best way to remove the ceiling is to use the invisible wall tool to define the area that does not have a ceiling. (If the area is already defined by walls you don't need to worry about the invisible walls)  Once the area is defined you can click your "Select Objects" tool and click in the defined area to highlight the area (it should turn grey) and open the "room specification" dialog.  Under the "Structure" panel uncheck "Ceiling Over This Room"

Derek

Chief Architect Software

Sometimes the "Floor Camera" can give that kind of result, try the "Full Camera" instead. I am using Chief Premier (X7), and I am not familiar with the Suite, so I am not sure of the tools available to you.

Also, there is a forum suited for your product that may be more helpful than this one...

I'm having the same problem....using X6...if I uncheck the 'ceiling' from room dbx I get blue sky, no matter which camera I use.

I have a 'roof over room' checked and created the flat roof.

I have tried deleting the ceiling thickness and finishes from the dbx box but I get the blue sky syndrome. 

I am trying to create a commercial space that has no ceiling in it with exposed piping...any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I need to see the underside of the roof framing...thanks