X6 Duplicate Dimensions

BenPalmer

Is there a setting I need to toggle on or off for this:

1. start new plan
  2. draw a room with 4 walls
  3. hit auto dimensions ('auto refresh dimensions' is off)
  4. hit it again, and it works as intended
  5. now move one of the dimension strings away from the house, and then hit auto dimension again, and the moved string stays, and a new duplicate string is created
  6. (you may have to draw some interior walls to reproduce this...had to do that on one, but not another)
  7. i can do this over and over and I will keep getting new strings

Is anyone else getting this?  Auto refresh doesn't see this behavior, but the auto dimensions aren't good enough, (especially with wings...something I've been requesting for years), for me to rely on auto refresh...if they would just add a wing dimension string, then auto would be perfect.

Thanks

Thanks Bill....surprised it is designed to make duplicate dimensions.  So I am designing a new house, as i'm moving walls, i'll move a string out of the way and keep working, then i'll hit auto, and any string i moved manually doesn't delete.  I opened up Chief 9 (I know...old program, but I had it handy), and it does delete those manually moved...definately want that functionality back.  The auto refresh is nice, but if there are a couple wings on one side of the house, and interior walls in that wing, auto doesn't give me overall wing dimensions, so I adjust a automatic string to see it temporarily, but then things start tripping over each other when hit auto again...would love for auto to show all overall wing dimensions.

I believe the reasoning is that when you move or edit the auto dim, it becomes a manual dimension.

Rather than editing an auto dim, I like to use a manual dimension for the things Chief won't  get the way I want them automatically.  I like to put these manual dimensions out of the way of the auto dims, until the plan is nearly final.

Thanks Bill...I was thinking that too...however it stays on the automatic dimension layer.

I may have to change the way I work, but it still doesn't make sense to me that if it stays on the auto dimension layer that it should work like the 'auto refresh' feature when I click auto dimension.

Thanks for the tip.