Texture Size

sonnyc

A lot of them are set to 20x20 but you can change that if needed.  Sometimes when I create my own I adjust

to what would be a real world scale based on the material. 

e.g. plank flooring consisting of 5 boards could be 25x144.  5" ea for 5 boards 12' long.  Each texture is different.

On some textures you want stretch to fit so it spreads across the whole item the texture is being applied to.

I don't think that  the 20x20 is the actual texture resolution  ,say 256x256 but rather the scale of the of the texture on the object. 

When you change the scale to a higher number the resolution is the same but the scale  increases ,in this case larger.

Is there a way to determine what a particular textures resolution is ?

Is there a way to determine what a particular textures resolution is ?

Texture SIZE can be discovered by opening the texture image that is referenced in the Material Specification dbx; the OOTB textures are in a zip file - if you're on Windows it resides in C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X6\Referenced Files\, which is a file normally hidden within Windows File Explorer. Texture RESOLUTION can be discovered the same way - again, with Chief OOTB textures it is generally 72dpi.