Help With Adding Pin Stripe Detail To Cabinet Door Symbol

JMarkey

I'm looking for suggestions on how I could add a "pin striping" (contrasting color) to a custom cabinet door symbol that I've created.  This pin striping is sometimes referred to as glazing (not glass related) where a contrasting stain is applied over a lighter colored surface and then wiped off, leaving the darker stain in the grooves of the molding profile.

The attached symbol is basically a custom molding profile that I've made and then applied to a 3D molding polyline to make a cabinet door panel.  It has stretch planes designated in the "x" and "z" planes for auto-resizing.

I'm hoping there would be someway have this pin striping detail as part of the symbol or maybe as part of the original molding polyline.  In elevation views CA does show a line where the molding grooves are, but in a full camera view this contrast detail is not as defined as I would like it to be.

The attached picture shows a section of an actual door that I'm trying to model and has 5 separate pin striping details.  The CA representation of my molding profile and door panel I'm only showing 2, but figured 1 or 2 could easily be modified to the 5 lines.

If necessary I'll post a plan file of what I've been working on.

I'm relatively new to CA and am open to any suggestions or even telling me that I'm wasting my time. 

Thanks in advance for any help....John

post-3627-0-29808800-1424735734_thumb.jpgpost-3627-0-58678300-1424735780_thumb.jpg 

Thanks Jon... being somewhat new to this, what you are saying is that the molding profile that I should create will be like a stacked molding.  I'll give that a try.  I'll have to do some research on the option of assigning the photo material, that may be an easier option to create.  Maybe I'm trying to be overly detailed too.