Using "snippit" With Chief's Paste

Joe_Carrick

When you use the Windows "Snippit" Tool, a copy is automatically added to the Windows Clipboard.  That means it can be pasted into Chief as one of 4 objects:

Backdrop

Material

Picture

This can be a very nice way of adding this type of content since it transfers between Applications.  There's no need to save the "Snip" in most cases.  You can even use it to add an image to your Forum posts.

• Upvote 1

I use both.  I wouldn't upgrade an older computer to Windows 8 simply because most older computers would choke on it.  There are some things to get used to with Windows 8 in that it has larger icons for the most commonly used Apps.  One of those icons switches to the Desktop - which is what you're familiar with in Windows 7.

I understand MS's next OS is going to be Windows 10 and will be more "user friendly" than Windows 8.  Also, the scuttlebutt is that it will be "Free".

It depends on the object type.  Materials can be pasted in 3D Views but Images and Pictures can only be pasted in Plan or Orthographic Views  I haven't tried a Backdrop yet but I think that only works in a Perspective view.

You'll just have to experiment a bit.

Really, Paste works with anything that's in the Windows Clipboard.  If it's text then it can only be pasted in a Plan or Section/Elevation or CAD Detail as Text.  Snippit creates a bitmap in the Clipboard so Chief handles those as graphics and allows you to specify which object type you want.

C:/Windows/System32/Snipping Tool

It's been around for many years.

Easier to find under your Start Button>Programs>Accessories>Snipping Tool             I have it pinned to my taskbar nowadays . 

Did not know this Tip though, thought you had to save it too....nice

M.