How To Shrink The Plan File For Client Viewer

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

Lake House client has the CA X6 viewer loaded on his Mac, and has viewed the plan I backed up and sent him. Now his ID wants to do the same, but, Both are asking if I can shrink the file to 10mb or less.

Not sure exactly why, maybe their internet upload/download speeds?

I haven't any experience with this operation in CA for file sharing, so any advice would be appreciated. As previously suggested by others on the forum, I am doing google-search but nothing exactly relating to this subject so far, except "never compress again" in drop box. I'm not sure that's the answer?

The complete back up file (zipped) for sharing is over 17mb's.

Thanks

Lake House client has the CA X6 viewer loaded on his Mac, and has viewed the plan I backed up and sent him. Now his ID wants to do the same, but, Both are asking if I can shrink the file to 10mb or less.

Not sure exactly why, maybe their internet upload/download speeds?

I haven't any experience with this operation in CA for file sharing, so any advice would be appreciated. As previously suggested by others on the forum, I am doing google-search but nothing exactly relating to this subject so far, except "never compress again" in drop box. I'm not sure that's the answer?

The complete back up file (zipped) for sharing is over 17mb's.

Thanks

Could be an email limitation.

If so....just open up a free "dropbox" account.   (you get 4 or 5 gig free) In there is a "Public folder".  Anything you place in it, is downloadable to another computer. (no size limit)   You just copy files to that folder and "right click" on it.   That will give you an option to "copy public link" to that specific file.

Open up and email, and paste that link in there.....and you are home free.   They can then download to any computer.   I have sent 2-3gig files that way.

• Solution

Could be an email limitation.

If so....just open up a free "dropbox" account.   (you get 4 or 5 gig free) In there is a "Public folder".  Anything you place in it, is downloadable to another computer. (no size limit)   You just copy files to that folder and "right click" on it.   That will give you an option to "copy public link" to that specific file.

Open up and email, and paste that link in there.....and you are home free.   They can then download to any computer.   I have sent 2-3gig files that way.

I will give it a try. IS THERE A BOOK available "drop-box for Dummies"?