File anomalies from desktop to laptop

Victor_Rasilla

I use Google drive and after I work on plan say on the desktop and save it then go to my laptop I find strange things happen.  At first I thought I was just making corrections but after updating the same things more than once i realized that it happens consistently each time particularly with text elements.

I have a list of abbreviations and i line them all up in one computer which means on some of them i have to make them not line up in the DBX in order to have them line up right in the layout page then when i open the file on the other computer they're not lined up again. so i line them up on that computer and when i open it on the other...well you get the point.

another issue is rich text,  i'll have the auto width and height checked with one computer and one line of text then when i open the file with the other the one line will be squeezed and text wrap into two lines and i'll have to open the text and check the auto width and height again to make it right.

the only difference between the computers is that the desktop runs win 7 pro and the laptop runs home premium.  could this OS version difference cause something?  they are both win 7.

and also the rich text layer goes goofy too.  if i have anno set for rich text set then i go to the other computer and rich text in that anno will be set to some random who knows what layer.  I have it go to all kinds of different random layers and i need to go in and reset it.  funny thing is that it seems to only happen with rich text.  the list of abbreviations is rich text too.  when i had it set to just text the line up would never waiver but i wanted to use some ALT code symbols in my list so i made it rich text since the ALT codes don't work in the normal text DBX.  it will show the ALT symbol in the DBX but when i hit ok to go back to the layout it just turns into a question mark.

anyone have any similar issues going on?

Seems like a bug caused by different screen resolutions or vid card variances between the systems.  Definitely report to tech support. 

Do you have the ability to go between two computers with the same resolution of monitor?  Or, try plugging your pc monitor into your laptop and see what happens when you run Chief on the monitor instead of the laptop screen.  It would be interesting to see the results to help narrow down what is really going on, but tech support should be able to give you better guidance.