Library Search...arggg! Type File Cabinet Or File, What Do You Get....nothing.

zowie123

Because it resides in Chief Architect Bonus Catalog / Storage Furniture / in a folder called File Cabinets and in there it's called-- Legal (2 drawer)  

One's search for File doesn't bring up the folder called File Cabinet---WTF?  None of the folder names are associated with search?

70,000 items in the library.....if you can find them.  

Chief, pease fix your Library search, it's one of the major time wasters in the program.  

Thank you,

Barry

Ahhh, I usually have file checked, it was off, but in either case, yes, unfiltered should bring up all instances because one doesn't know that there's a file called file cabinets.

As I was going through the library, I realized what is missing is a Thumbs view like we have in google or craig's list.  That would helps speed up the process particularly for those of us using a separate monitor for the library.  

Thanks for your help, checking folder does bring up file cabinet.  

Cheers!

you know that is not a bad idea.  IF not for Chief proper then for Chief users.  I know there is a smathering of symbols created by users that have been posted from time to time but having a centralized place for them would be great.  As new users come along they could access them.

At this point I think tagging all these objects would require a crowd effort, a la Wikipedia. I would be happier if the libraries were cloud based like the Sketchup warehouse. SSA could allow for tag editing and other additions.

Brilliant. An online warehouse for Chief symbols would be fantastic.

At this point I think tagging all these objects would require a crowd effort, a la Wikipedia. I would be happier if the libraries were cloud based like the Sketchup warehouse. SSA could allow for tag editing and other additions.

This would really be helpful, I hope that it can be implemented! Please post it under Suggestions, I bet there would be lot's of support for this idea.