wrong fraction for total living space macro.

JBHammer

I recently decided to use a macro for the scale on my title for my floor plans.  It's cool to have that done automatically and not have to calculate it.  However, there is one problem; the scale on the macro changes when you zoom.  If you send it to layout in a zoomed view, that's the scale it places on the layout page.  If you zoom down to 1/4" = 1' before you send to layout, it will read that way in layout.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Use the "Box scale" command if you don't want the zoom problem. The box scale command is in the label for the layout view. go to the layout and highlight a view open it (not using the open view) and add the macro to the label and it will be attached to the view, then you can move it wherever you want.

The scale shows what the "current" scale is. This is so that when you print it is correct. If you print to a smaller sheet etc. the scale will be correct for how things were printed. Box scale has a bug in it where this isn't done so will always show the scale that it was sent to layout at rather than the actual scale.

The scale shows what the "current" scale is. This is so that when you print it is correct. If you print to a smaller sheet etc. the scale will be correct for how things were printed. Box scale has a bug in it where this isn't done so will always show the scale that it was sent to layout at rather than the actual scale.

Bug? That's exactly what I want it to do. Been using it that way for many years now.