How Re-Load Ca10 Full Version (10.b?) Onto Laptop?

Autumn1

Was able to keep CA10.b working in my cave thru 2 desktop hardrive case comps. Now another crash so thought I could simply re-load the 3 CD set onto new LapTop and keep using it. My kid says no one will even know what a CD is anymore. Assuming CA isn't likely to provide a download for ten year old program is there any way to do this. Not concerened about saving any plans. don't use it enough to justify another grand or two for upgrade.  Thanks for any help.

I have the Key(dongle), Receipts, Ser. Numbers etc. and am orig. owner. CA said NO download or other help from them. I thought the Key would be all I need. Laptop has windows 8.1. Crashed desktop was XP. So even if I get a CD burner (drive) I may need a password from Chief? Thanks for help!

Thanks for making me laugh out loud Kbird! - "though you may want some Tech help if not computer savvy." Bit of an understatement. Turns out the old laptop that I thought was XP is actually windows7 so that's no help. How would I get the XP license info when the desktop doesn't recognize the mouse or keyboard? Should I reconsider tossing it in the garbage and see if Geeksquad or someone can make it work again?

a lot of commercially made computers have the cert. info on a sticker on the Top or back of them , if not there and you don't know your XP CD Key then yes you maybe stuck.

As Mainewood indicated if you have a win7 laptop you can also use a Virtual Machine and run XP there too

Ask around in the neighbourhood/family etc , there is likely a tech savvy high schooler or similar who will be cheaper than GeekSquad

Or try Craigslist for an Old XP computer or perhaps 2nd hand Notebook Reseller , though a desktop should be more powerful ....

Perhaps the old computer only needs a new hard drive or power supply? I obviously have no idea what happened to it, you just said crashed......

• 10 months later...

I have a new lap top with Windows 10. My old lap top is Vista using my Base 10 CA and over 100 sets of plans. I want to transfer and probably upgrade to Premier but, it doesn't recognize my lock or serial #. I need the upgrade discount but, can't even install the base 10. HELP please.