Frieze Issues On Manual Hip Roof With 2 Different Pitches

bobditch

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

Hip roof with a 10/12 on the sides and 8/12 on the front and back; this is my process:

• set my roof specs for 10/12
  • draw all roof planes 
  • select the front plane, open dialogue box, lock frieze height and change the pitch to 8/12
  • repeat for back plane
  • join roof plane sides
  • join front to back roof plane
  • then finish with the sides

I tried setting the pitch in the wall dialogue box under the roof tab, but that did NOT change the pitch from default.

I'm unable to join frieze boards.

Thanks,

Bobpost-3450-0-78341300-1424196737_thumb.jpg

roof plan.pdf

I have constant problems with frieze boards at changes of pitch - I've never found a way to remedy it, so I generally edit the elevation.

I do not do many if any frieze boards....   but I am assuming if you have different pitches,  you are adjusting the overhang/soffit height to accommodate the freieze boards.....  just asking out of ignorance on my part.

Scott good ? but chief will let you keep the fascia heights and overhang the same which means one of the base line height has to be higher, might be best to use a poly molding around the house if the fascia will be the same height or the overhang different 

Scott good ? but chief will let you keep the fascia heights and overhang the same which means one of the base line height has to be higher, might be best to use a poly molding around the house if the fascia will be the same height or the overhang different 

That might be part of the problem....... but......  if the base lines were the same,  if the fascia heights were the same and the pitch was different and the soffit overhang was different....  maybe it would work....  just throwing out ideas....  you guys know better than I.

• Solution

Yeah, I typically throw up an exterior room molding polyline to model the frieze when the auto molding is giving me problems.