X7 Performance-Crashes?

MarkMc

Wondering if anyone else is seeing issues? Sluggish in general , undo in particular, changing tabs, some dbx.

I'm also getting more crashes than ever. I rarely get any, now several a day.

At first I thought it was a symbol I created, figured I mucked something up. Got rid of that.

Still crashing and seams to be random, doubt they are consistently reproducible. I'm not sure it's anything in particular other than the program wants a break.

i.e. copy a layer set, change one line style. Apply that to elevation and crash. Restart, do the same thing and it works fine.

I've had 4 or 5 today alone. Mostly working on one plan that was started in X6 but most work was done in 7. But I've had it on several other smaller projects (also started in X6)

Between that and a few new quirks I'm thinking I'm going back to X6 except for this specific project. I still have suitable files for all the rest in X6.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When backing up entire plan to send in ran across 4 missing textures. They were all for plants. No plants in plan. I had at one point placed a library dining room, guessing that had some but it is deleted. I tried purge materials but still got the message looking for replacements.

Could that cause problems? How the heck do you get rid of the offending object?

Wondering if anyone else is seeing issues? Sluggish in general , undo in particular, changing tabs, some dbx.

I'm also getting more crashes than ever. I rarely get any, now several a day.

At first I thought it was a symbol I created, figured I mucked something up. Got rid of that.

Still crashing and seams to be random, doubt they are consistently reproducible. I'm not sure it's anything in particular other than the program wants a break.

i.e. copy a layer set, change one line style. Apply that to elevation and crash. Restart, do the same thing and it works fine.

I've had 4 or 5 today alone. Mostly working on one plan that was started in X6 but most work was done in 7. But I've had it on several other smaller projects (also started in X6)

Between that and a few new quirks I'm thinking I'm going back to X6 except for this specific project. I still have suitable files for all the rest in X6.

Not to be filp but the only way to eliminate crashes with beta is not to download beta. The reason it's Beta is it isn't stable and complete yet.

I only partially agree with Ron (what happened to your smiling face Ron?).  This is a beta and problems should be expected but if everyone avoids the problems by not downloading the beta, then they will probably still be there when it's released. Isn't that the whole point of a beta?  I think the best thing to do is always make sure to report any problems you find so that they know about them. 

I haven't had any crashes using the beta yet so I am guessing that your problems are either from something wrong with your system (video card?) or something wrong with your plan. 

I have seen some of the slow downs though.  Someone told me they are working on them but also told me that if I ran into any particular problem areas to report them to make sure they get fixed too.

I don't think it is the system, at least nothing else is behaving badly including X6, 2020 (at least no worse than normal) Turbocad, Envisioneer but what do I know.

I'll try a plan in X7 from scratch and see what happens.

I'm wondering if it is some conflict- will pay attention to what else is running to see if I can isolate something.

2020 has a utility to delete "temporary files" that is pretty essential when playing with that. I've been using it to try to stay ahead of problems. It's not as through as CCcleaner but has always helped and it's one click.

I recall the undo was an issue when X6 first hit the public, this is about the same. The crashes are what spook me. Only one yesterday- same plan- was open for maybe 1/2 hour. Perspective, switch to vector, change layer set, detail from view-poof. Opened and repeat- no problem.

Noticed a few other quirks I'll post separately.

Have not used CC as yet-at least not since this started. I can give that a try but have to find time to save an image so be a few days with work load. Just find it safer to have an image before allowing anything to touch the registry.

Hi All, just started using X7 and am having the same crashing experiences but since have yet to start a project in X7, am also using previous version (X6) project files.  My main "crashing" happens when in elevation.  Also once or twice have got the error message that I should check my video card, but am using a relatively new desktop with appropriate spec according to chief website, so that's not the real problem (I think).

The send to layout / CAD Detail from view does have a known random crash that will be fixed in the final release.

Let our support team know about any problems you have, especially crashes. If you can reproduce the crash that is ideal, but if you can't reproduce the problem let us know anyway.

We want to hear about all your issues so that we can fix as many as possible before release.

Thanks for looking at the beta.

Have not used CC as yet-at least not since this started. I can give that a try but have to find time to save an image so be a few days with work load. Just find it safer to have an image before allowing anything to touch the registry.

I have been using Ccleaner for many years now and clean my registry every Saturday, the default settings have never givien me any problems-ever. I don't even back the registryup anymore.