Wall Split By Butting Roof Issue

j_in_ky

Ok so I don't which version they introduced the "Lower Wall Type if Split by Butting Roof" but it works great however I've come across an issue with it. While in 3D it works great, my issue has to do with the plan view. For instance what if a portion of the wall that is split has a door in it? Right now it shows me this:

post-4324-0-89778300-1423800633_thumb.jpg

Kind of like what happens when you place a window in a pony wall and have the plan showing the portion of the wall that doesn't contain the window. Which reminds me that they really should allow you to decide on a wall by wall basis which wall of the pony wall you want to show in plan instead of a universal toggle. But I'm getting off track here.

Is there any way, besides manually drawing cad boxes in plan to get the door to cut the wall in plan view? I kind of doubt it but if anyone has found a good workaround to this I would appreciate the input.

Thanks

Which reminds me that they really should allow you to decide on a wall by wall basis which wall of the pony wall you want to show in plan instead of a universal toggle.

You can already do this.

Is there any way, besides manually drawing cad boxes in plan to get the door to cut the wall in plan view? I kind of doubt it but if anyone has found a good workaround to this I would appreciate the input.

Show the lower pony wall. 

Ahh now I see how you can display the pony walls individually. And now I see that once I checked the option to split the wall if butted by roof it changed it to a pony wall. So I just broke the wall and changed the displayed wall to the one with the door in it. 

Thank you!