letter size + D size on one layout or separate?

tomm11

I design houses + additions and use the time log for billing. On my rough design I will email 8 1/2 x 11 plans and finished plans on 24x36. Now using 2 separate layouts for page sizes and controlling the time log with the plan file. The original plan file is always the active file. With changes I’ll make a copy + then change the original

Any opinions on use just one layout for letter size + D size or continue with 2 layouts?

I use Toggl to track time for each job and it's FREE unless you are a large company. For me it's much easier than Chiefs time tracker. There are other time trackers out there as well.

My opinion is to use a third party program.

Best of luck and have a GREAT weekend!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tomm11 said:

Any opinions on use just one layout for letter size + D size or continue with 2 layouts?

Yes it can be done, just setup two different Layersets for Letter and Arch D Sizes so each layer is specific to a Size as Alan mentioned

However, I don't think it will half the work though if that's what you are hoping? In which case you maybe better off just Printing the Arch D layout for

the Preview Version at 1/3 scale with a watermark saying "Not To Scale - Not for Construction" on it , and if needed have the Printer make it "Fit to page".

( if just sending PDFs out you could use 1/2 Scale to or Tabloid perhaps too)

M.

3 hours ago, tomm11 said:

My personal opinion is time is expensive and paper is cheap.  So, I'd would set up all deliverables as one sheet size / 24" x36".

If you'd still like to send out a smaller paper format for schematics, one option would be to print 50% / half size on 13"x19" Super B format, which I do from time to time.  I use an Epson Workforce inkjet that can handle this paper size.  Output would be 1/8" = 1'-0" and scalable.

Jim

I use one layout, 24x36, and will sometimes print to pdf at 11x17 for speed( rtrt cameras are a lot slower at 24x36). The end user can print to letter or legal if they want to, that is my philosophy. I also put on each page that the scale is at 24x36.