Is there a way to combine two walkthroughs or to set a keyframe segment as a blank but still travel the distance of that keyframe?

JanFriedli

Say one has a long continuous walkthrough with say 1-2-3-4 keyframes that wastes a lot of travel time to get from say keyframe 2 to 3 where the travel from 2 to 3 is really not necessary from what one is trying to showcase but one is forced to because walkthroughs seemingly have to be one continuous path.  To eliminate this unnecessary 2-3 segment is there a way to create two walkthroughs 1-to-2 and then combine the two walkthroughs so that one has a single video of the first 1-to-2 keyframe walkthrough and then the second 1-to-2 keyframe, which technically starts at the 3 location, so one can eliminate the 2-3 segment in one's video?   Or is there a way to create a 1-2-3-4 keyframe walkthrough and then tell the program not to record anything in the 2-3 segment (i.e. jump to keyframe 3) and thereby essentially get the same result, i.e. a video that shows 1-2 and then shows 3-4 but leaves out 2-3?

12 hours ago, JanFriedli said:

Say one has a long continuous walkthrough with say 1-2-3-4 keyframes that wastes a lot of travel time to get from say keyframe 2 to 3 where the travel from 2 to 3 is really not necessary from what one is trying to showcase but one is forced to because walkthroughs seemingly have to be one continuous path.  To eliminate this unnecessary 2-3 segment is there a way to create two walkthroughs 1-to-2 and then combine the two walkthroughs so that one has a single video of the first 1-to-2 keyframe walkthrough and then the second 1-to-2 keyframe, which technically starts at the 3 location, so one can eliminate the 2-3 segment in one's video?   Or is there a way to create a 1-2-3-4 keyframe walkthrough and then tell the program not to record anything in the 2-3 segment (i.e. jump to keyframe 3) and thereby essentially get the same result, i.e. a video that shows 1-2 and then shows 3-4 but leaves out 2-3?

you can set your speed after and time for a specific keyframe to speed through a section

14 hours ago, JanFriedli said:

Say one has a long continuous walkthrough with say 1-2-3-4 keyframes that wastes a lot of travel time to get from say keyframe 2 to 3 where the travel from 2 to 3 is really not necessary

If you find yourself struggling with walk throughs, you can always record your screen as you pan around, preferably with a space mouse. Then you can stitch together various clips and even create transitions between clips. 

The other option is to get acquainted with Twinmotion. It’s a lot easier to create videos with that software. 

• 3 weeks later...