Creating duplicate file versions from layout

britt_design

Hi all,

I am having an issue with one of my files creating multiple working plan versions (unsure if it is a setting with the plan or the layout file) - let's call in the "Jones Project". Every time I try to open the plan from the associated layout (double clicking on the object) it creates a new tab for the plan each time. So after a few hours of working between plan and layout, I could have four/five different tabs of the same file open. The layer displays also do not translate to the layout, it is stuck in whichever layer set that was active when originally sent to layout. I don't have this issue on any other file grouping, so I am thinking there is a just a setting I must have changed accidentally. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, britt_design said:

The layer displays also do not translate to the layout, it is stuck in whichever layer set that was active when originally sent to layout

This is normally what I want the behaviour to be. I might switch layersets to see other things (all on for instance) on a plan, but will go back to the one I sent to layout, and I might turn the odd layer on or off. To quickly go back, I actually just go select the saved plan view in the saved plan view drop down rather than trying to remmeber the one i was using

If you use save plan views, I believe if you switch to a different layer set in the plan file, and then save that saved plan view, the layout will refelct the layerset, as the layout uses the saved plan view (if configured that way)

3 hours ago, britt_design said:

it creates a new tab for the plan each time

this is how it will work if you are using SPV's for Layout   ie:

D.Click a     Working Plan in Layout and the      Working SPV opens....

D.Click an   Electrical Plan in Layout and the     Electrical SPV opens....

D.Click a     Framing Plan in Layout and the      Framing SPV opens....

D.Click a     Roof Plan in Layout and the            Roof SPV opens....

etc, etc.

Mick