Flooring at rail wall

Jonathan3891

2 hours ago, Jonathan3891 said:

I'm working on a project where my client is closing in a porch, but they want to keep the existing post.

As you can see below the flooring is missing along the rail wall. How do I add flooring here?

image.thumb.png.0cea5af1039af3474cf388b583c45143.png

Include the plan.  Too many variables on this one.

There are a lot of weird things going on with your room definitions. It's easy to fix, and can be done several different ways, but it depends on how you want everything defined.

1582249383_ScreenShot2023-05-23at8_22_28AM.thumb.png.cd2ce2609e079031f8771681c6efaf33.png

For this, I unchecked Foundation Wall on the railing wall's General panel, changed the porch room to Unspecified, and reset it to use default Floor Finish and Structure.

Other methods can be used to produce different results within the model.

Addition-2.plan

Thank you, I've been banging my head trying to figure out how to fix that!

I'm still learning, but what weird things were going on? I dont think I gave the addition a room definition and I left the original proch area as it was.

4 minutes ago, Jonathan3891 said:

Also, how do you reset it to use the default floor finish and structure?

199828620_ScreenShot2023-05-23at8_36_55AM.thumb.png.8bf8a3e6f84cef3d639cf487a2ae957b.png

7 minutes ago, Jonathan3891 said:

what weird things were going on?

I just saw things that looked odd to me, in the porch room and in the railing wall definitions. It doesn't mean they're wrong, it all depends on what you want the end result to be. There are a lot of ways to accomplish whatever you need to do but it varies from job to job. What I did was fix the flooring issue, but that wasn't necessarily the correct fix, depending on the other goals within the model. There are lots of other ways to fix the flooring if this way screwed up something else you need to show. Only you would know that.