Cabinet Line Up

LittleWillow

What is the secret to making cabinets line up? When I'm building an island or even placing two wall cabinets side by side they do not line up. The measurements are all the same but the fronts don't line up. This is especially bad when building islands. Is it the countertops?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by LittleWillow
spelling

Things should just snap together - check under the Edit menu, Snap Settings. object snaps and all other options in that section should be checked.
It may be helpful to know what software you're using, too - though that's all the same for all titles. You can edit your Signature to include that, helps people know what you're working with.

Very interesting.

Well, Center Object will align them but not snap their corners so they'd probably still have auto fillers or be smooshed into one another - I'd suggest perhaps using Point to Point move, but that relies on snaps, too. But hey, I suppose that's something to test -- if you select a cabinet and use the Point to Point Move tool in the Edit Toolbar, can you snap that to the corners of the cabinets?

I'd imagine this issue happens in any plan you work on, right? If its truly Snaps then that's a Preference thing, not a plan thing - but if it IS specific to a plan, I'd definitely recommend posting one here. Otherwise, probably reset preferences. Or call support. Maybe an exorcist.