X15 Speed with Update (25.2.0)

KenL-sdd

• KenL-sdd changed the title to X15 Speed with Update (25.2.0)

I never noticed substantial slowdown other than some files brought forward which were slowing it down due to older default settings that were conflicting.  That is 95% of the time the reason for slow downs with newer versions. The ones that I was seeing slight slow downs were files started in X12.  I copied the info to a new template and the slowness went away.

During a class with about 60 people everyone was commenting on the sluggishness of the program with the last x15 beta version. The slowness was very noticeable.  It seemed to be in the entire program. I have not started using X15 for production for that reason, so I don't remember the details from February.   @Renerabbitt would be familiar with the details.  @Joe_Carrick I do the same with the AV and it does make a difference in x14. I have excluded X15 as well I just have not been using the new version.

Thanks for the input and ideas.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, KenL-sdd said:

During a class with about 60 people everyone was commenting on the sluggishness of the program with the last x15 beta version. The slowness was very noticeable.  It seemed to be in the entire program. I have not started using X15 for production for that reason, so I don't remember the details from February.   @Renerabbitt would be familiar with the details.  @Joe_Carrick I do the same with the AV and it does make a difference in x14. I have excluded X15 as well I just have not been using the new version.

Thanks for the input and ideas.

Same slowness here ..

I appreciate everyone's input. I will test on my laptop with the old version and desktop with the new release in the next few days.

If anyone has noticed a speed difference between the last Beta and the last update please let me know.

During a class with about 60 people everyone was commenting on the sluggishness of the program with the last x15 beta version. The slowness was very noticeable.  It seemed to be in the entire program. I have not started using X15 for production for that reason, so I don't remember the details from February...

I haven't noticed any slowdowns and I haven't heard much on the forums about them either.  I also wouldn't put too much importance on what other people are saying or what you saw in beta video from months ago.  Why don't you go ahead and try X15 for yourself and see how it performs with your plans on your machine.  And if you do notice any performance problems, do everyone a favor by reporting them to Chief.

51 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

I haven't noticed any slowdowns and I haven't heard much on the forums about them either.  I also wouldn't put too much importance on what other people are saying or what you saw in beta video from months ago.  Why don't you go ahead and try X15 for yourself and see how it performs with your plans on your machine.  And if you do notice any performance problems, do everyone a favor by reporting them to Chief.

This was an in person event. However, now that it is out of beta I will start testing.

I have had sporadic slowness with the 25.2.0.53 release, slows to a crawl for no apparent reason. But only once in a great while, and reboot (or lockup) returns to normal fast speed. I've also been having trouble with random lockups when working with a split window and standard render open, never happened before even with earlier CX15 releases.

I've been using X15 since beta and have updated to 25.2.0.53, and I haven't had any problems with slowness in plan views or 3D work on my desktop.  Recently I used X15 for a week on a laptop for the first time, and that went surprisingly well except for some of the heavier duty graphics processing.  But I'm sure that was just because the laptop doesn't have the hardware for it.  Hope you and the others with the problem can figure out what's causing the slowness on your systems. 

57 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

I have had sporadic slowness with the 25.2.0.53 release, slows to a crawl for no apparent reason. But only once in a great while, and reboot (or lockup) returns to normal fast speed. I've also been having trouble with random lockups when working with a split window and standard render open, never happened before even with earlier CX15 releases.

May be a Mac problem depending on what 3D views you are using.