LEADERS: Would'nt it be nice...

DougDM

Unless I'm unaware of such a feature, wouldn't it be nice if we when inserting a leader with text and we have more than a single line of text, the leader a smart leader, would add a grouping line   

(don't know what else to call it) to the leader and would grow as lines of text increase. maybe a radio button to allow or not, and to take it a step further, straight or bezier leader. All in Favor, say " oh yeah what a time savor" :)

ARROW-2023-05-20_12-18-49.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DougDM said:

grouping line

I see you can already add a box / border to a text object under "attributes."  Maybe they could handle your request as a variant of that text setting?

Jim

image.thumb.png.a17f51939a67757e26bd63e40a1bc78b.png

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2023 at 6:25 PM, JKEdmo said:

I see you can already add a box / border to a text object under "attributes."  Maybe they could handle your request as a variant of that text setting?

Jim

image.thumb.png.a17f51939a67757e26bd63e40a1bc78b.png

Yes we can, however... this is a format typically found when doing engineer drawings, In my experience doing them for 12 years especially when using tolerances. But not really what I'm looking for.  Automation with a grouping bracket so to speak, that grows with lines of text and auto centers the leader. I definitely think it's doable.  

On 5/21/2023 at 4:12 PM, Kenoeightspot said:

Set your default text to whatever width works for you.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 130631.png

Yeah there-is that, but doesn't add the grouping vertical line.that I now add after the fact, and sometimes it gets hidden if the text fill is in place..All which could be an on/off button with this menu or in arrow defaults.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, DougDM said:

Unless I'm unaware of such a feature, wouldn't it be nice if we when inserting a leader with text and we have more than a single line of text, the leader a smart leader, would add a grouping line 

I also used to add these lines manually. I had to stop because I'm too busy but it is my preferred way of clarifying the context of the leader line. Please add this to the 'Suggestions' topic!

On 5/20/2023 at 2:42 PM, DBCooper said:

I think if you want Chief to consider it, you need to post over here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/8-suggestions/

Yes I know, thanks just the same. I was more or less seeing what the response would be before doing just that, I asked for valley rafter over framing some 10 years ago.  Took till x15.  Might have been longer.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:28 AM, robdyck said:

I also used to add these lines manually. I had to stop because I'm too busy but it is my preferred way of clarifying the context of the leader line. Please add this to the 'Suggestions' topic!

I hear you, when I have time, I’ll do it. Why it would be nice to have as an option.