EXPORTING TO DWG

sthieldesign

I usually export my files in DWG to Architects no problem.

An Architect told me that when he tries to open it says that the file is an unsupported version of Auto Cad.  I did the export on his supporting year AutoCad as well.

Is this new with X15?

How do I export DWG files?

Thank you!

Susan

A couple quick thoughts:

1.  does it still allow them to open the file?  when I open files in Autodesk's free viewer, I get that message but can still open and work with the file just fine.
  2. If above doesn't solve it, possibly try exporting to an earlier version during the export process
  3. Try exporting to a DXF instead

Report back and let us know...this will help all of us.

• Like 1

It seems to me that we are talking about something different than this :

image.png.cdb82894baa78a70e5057679f27e2c35.png

As "this" has been happening as long as I can remember.

Actually I just installed TrueView 2024 and it still works the same way with an X15 exported file.

Edited by Chopsaw

On 5/12/2023 at 12:59 PM, sthieldesign said:

An Architect told me that when he tries to open it says that the file is an unsupported version of Auto Cad.

If your architect uses an older version of Autocad, you can advise him/her to use DWG TrueView 2023 from Autodesk to convert the DWG to a compatible version.

It's free from Autodesk website.

For example, I get often files in latest version of Autocad from a client, but I work with Autocad 2015.  But, I can use TrueView to "down save" to my version.  Use the "DWG Convert" option of the program.

image.png.18377b11e0f4070e159c79f657aa5042.png

image.thumb.png.ea97dd7eb0dbf4dad0c13f8e7ca6a9b9.png

Jim