Reduce house square footage along a line

bthompson

Go to solution Solved by MoeGia,

I have drawn a house plan for a client with plans to layout.  After getting bids back, they want to reduce the square footage in certain areas of the house.  For instance reducing the overall width by 16" but taking 8" in two different rooms, and 16" in another in the middle of the house (total under roof 6,000sf).  I'm trying to figure out a way to take sections of the house and do a point to point move to reduce the size without having to redraw major sections.  Does anyone have a suggestion to do this?

Thanks,

Burke

• Solution

To move an irregular shaped area, draw a polyline around the area you want to move, select it, then select edit area (all floors?), transform/replicate and move the desired distance.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help!  Used your suggestions with a small tweak.  I set up a grid with several lines and intersections below the plan for my desired incremental moves and drew the polyline with several "jogs" around the areas of the house to move.  After drawing the polyline, I selected "Edit area" - all floors, chose the polyline and made a Point to Point move using my desired grid move.  Everything worked well.  Afterwords, I only had to reconnect some roof planes and move some windows and doors back to center.  Appreciate the input from you all!

Burke

• Like 1