X7 Leader Lines Not Connecting To Each Other

BenPalmer

If I have a text box already in the plan that I now want to add a leader to: I select the leader tool, drag horizontally from the edge of the text box, un-click, then drag another segment at an angle to the desired finishing location.  In X6 and previous, these two arrows would connect and have one arrow head at the end of the connected lines, but they don't seem to be doing that in X7 beta.

Edit Object parts is not active.

All snaps are on.

Is there a setting I am missing?  Are others getting these results?

post-71-0-63330500-1423601033_thumb.jpg

I get different results depending on which tool I use.  I see the same problem as you when I use the text arrow line tool.  The leader line tool seems to work fine for me.  I noticed that the new "same line type" handle also works.

I would call it a bug in the beta.  Did you report it yet?

Kevin, you nailed it, that is exactly what is happening.  Didn't catch that.  I haven't done beta since version 10, remind me how to report a bug?

Perry, thanks for the suggestion.  I will use this until they fix it.  This method is slower because it only has one line and I need to break it to get the 2 segments, but at least they are on the same layer and stay connected. I miss the old way version 9 and earlier had the 2 segments built into that add arrow feature.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Arthur.

Bill, great video.  Interesting that they didn't demonstrate what I'm trying to do.  Again, this works great in X6, but not in X7.  It seems that they are conceding that it no longer works and they are wanting us to use that new same line type handle instead to make up for it not working.  I can work with that for now, but it is an extra click this way.  After I draw the first arrow, I normally just simply draw a new one.  Now, I have draw it, then go back and select the arrow, then select the same line type and drag.

I'll report it.

Appreciate all the participation.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I had a conversation on this with one of our developers just the other day asking about what I thought might be the best way to fix this issue. I'm not sure what the status is, but it is certainly not working the way it should.

I hope that we get this fix into the final release. Keep letting us know of problems that you have, we really appreciate every report on issues.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I had a conversation on this with one of our developers just the other day asking about what I thought might be the best way to fix this issue. I'm not sure what the status is, but it is certainly not working the way it should.

I hope that we get this fix into the final release. Keep letting us know of problems that you have, we really appreciate every report on issues.

Thanks Doug!