BWP Schedule / Sum of the length of elements of a 'type'

ACVNarch

I'm trying to work out how to put together a Braced Wall Panel schedule. I might be looking at it backwards, but here goes. 

The way I've been doing it / the way my regional municipalities like to see it is, for example: 

Wall 'A' will be CS-WSP. The overall wall is 24' long, and along it there are two 3' wide windows, which gives us two CS-WSP sections that are 7' wide and one that is 4' wide.

I want an object or a polyline that I could assign as parts of Wall "A", and would add together the different sections along 'A' so that they could relay in the schedule that the total CS-WSP provided along 'A' is 18'. There are additional things that it would be great to relay, but if we could start there, I'd be off to the races.  

How should I go about making something like that?

I saw that there was discussion about this back in 2018 and that Joe_Carrick had developed something, but I imagine that much has changed in the last 5 years... 

2 hours ago, ACVNarch said:

I saw that there was discussion about this back in 2018 and that Joe_Carrick had developed something, but I imagine that much has changed in the last 5 years...

Actually, my system still works.  I've made a few changes for X15 but I haven't seen any problems.

It handles all the required code adjustments:

• Stories
  • Story Height Adjustment
  • Eave Ridge Adjustment
  • Wall DL Adjustment
  • Wall Ht Adjustment
  • Exposure Adjustment
  • RC Adjustment
  • etc

It provides a Schedule showing both the required and provided panel lengths for Seismic and Wind Loads

It labels both the:

• Braced Wall
  • Braced Panels for each Braced Wall.

The price for this package is $100 which can be paid via Zelle or Paypal to chriscoll@dslextreme.com

30 minutes ago, ACVNarch said:

Michael,

I'm looking forward to the day I can hire you to help work through something specific and unique, but I went ahead and bought Joe's packaged solution. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, para-CAD said:

Having that process automated would be very cool.

I currently dimension to ROs and place the dimensions in a spreadsheet to do the math.  Lot's of extra work.

I hope an automation solution is available.

Soooo AC, haha, if you give me a smidge of patience on email responses I could've helped you out, poking fun but I think you asked me about this this morning. 
Para-CAD you own my pro template as well so I'll show you its just a quick settings change in the schedule. You would simply make a separate schedule for each continuous wall and include the column "perimeter"
Not as advanced as Joe's system though

Rene.  

I honestly have not integrated your template to its full potential yet.  That's on me.  

(I think I suffer from over layering syndrome - lingering AutoCAD).  

I create saved page views for all kinds of things, then I have to create different layer sets or I run into wrong text appearing on wrong sheets.  It's crazy.

I don't mind spending the $$$ to support your work....and yes I will keep trying to learn your method(s).

I will watch your video and see what I can absorb.

I still use AutoCAD for detailed production drawings where I have to dimension each piece for cutting and assembly.  

Somethings in 2D are way more efficient in AC.

To a select few builder/framers, I provide sheets for rake walls and hand cut roofs that have each component dimensioned and laid out.

AC works in much less time than CA.

Alaskan son did a great job for me recently and I highly recommend his one-on-one approach.

I bought an area tool from Joe, way long ago, and I couldn't get it to work.  

Support was absent so that is not a route I will try again.

Just my 2 cents

3 hours ago, para-CAD said:

I bought an area tool from Joe, way long ago, and I couldn't get it to work.  

Support was absent so that is not a route I will try again.

What tool did you buy from me?  I always try to support those who purchase my macro packages.  If something wasn't working for you I was not aware of that.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:00 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

What tool did you buy from me?  I always try to support those who purchase my macro packages.  If something wasn't working for you I was not aware of that.

Joe I think a lot of people still ping your old email addresses, I've heard from a few users that they cant get ahold of you and I try and correct their contact info