Elevation Tags

NeptuneKandB

Pretty sure the callout size is adjusted according to the size of the text inside it - turn on your Active Layer Display window and select one, you'll see the Text Style it's using at the bottom, changing that should change the printed size of them.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, NeptuneKandB said:

How can I change the size of these elevation markers? In floorplan view they show up correctly, but when I send it to Layout they are huge! 

Thanks!! 

Capture.PNG

As the guys mentioned above, the size of those callouts is being controlled by the size of the text inside them.  Change to a Text Style using a smaller text size and the callout will get smaller as well.  That's only a small part of the puzzle though.  There are 2 other crucial elements at play.  Open the Camera Specification dialog, click on the Plan Display tab, and take note of the following 2 settings:

Text Below Line:  If you have this set to Automatic, then per the Help files, the Text Below Line will be populated with "....the layout page Label if the selected view is sent to layout. If no layout page Label is specified, no automatic Text Below Line will be created.".  This means that as soon as that camera view is sent to your layout page, it can automatically get populated with whatever you have entered in the Label field in your Layout Page Specification.  This will add that extra text to your callout which will in turn make the callout bigger. 

Callout Size:  If you have this set to Automatic, then the callout will get bigger with any added text.  If you set this manually, the callout size won't change.  The text however might start to overflow and partially obscure your callout.

21 hours ago, NeptuneKandB said:

How can I change the size of these elevation markers? In floorplan view they show up correctly, but when I send it to Layout they are huge! 

Thanks!! 

Capture.PNG

What’s PG? 

I mean, it doesn’t exist. 
Keep it simple, like 4/7 for drawing #4 on page 7. 
Or if you’re going to use lettering then at least stick to the established drafting conventions. 
And only use lettering if your plan sets are so numerous that they are divided by discipline, like A for architecture, S for structural, etc… 

I hope I’m not offending you, just trying to help.

7 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I've suggested a different callout for interior elevations.

Time over at Design Build on Youtube made a video about this a few weeks ago. I hadn't thought about doing this way until he put it out there. I think it's a darn good idea. Kitchen and bath callouts are increasing. Great way to not clutter a plan.

46 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Time over at Design Build on Youtube made a video about this a few weeks ago. I hadn't thought about doing this way until he put it out there. I think it's a darn good idea. Kitchen and bath callouts are increasing. Great way to not clutter a plan.

I had been doing it with manual drafting back in the 70's, then also with CalComp & AutoCAD LT - both as simple CAD Blocks.  

It would be great if Chief implements it as a smart Callout for the Auto Interior Elevations.

• Upvote 1