Vertical Bifold Garage Door

QualicoreHomes

Not using a standard Garage Door.  You could create a Symbol and insert it in a Doorway, but that's the only way I can think of at this time.  It's similar to the approach I used for a Roll-up Garage Door. 

You would probably need a 2D Block showing it in the closed position for Plan Views.

Assuming this is for a rendering it would require a custom Door panel that is doable but definitely will take some work.  Use a Tall Cabinet with a custom top hinged door with the sections you want to see open as the door.  

Here is a VERY QUICK version of it with two doors shown just to give you the idea.  You would need to have on a separate layer set/layer turned off with another one that shows it closed.  Also requires a doorway as Joe mentions.

image.thumb.png.7a872148286958afd206b36a74fbee5e.png

Why not make the symbol from a bifold door to begin with. Set as fixture interior, inserts into wal, rotate symbol. Add a door way. Still need two symbols on seperate layers but ...

Plan with door used to make symbol and open symbol in doorway. Still need to make other symbol

image.thumb.png.313c51ff66bdc6a1a5b958f88c9e6e30.png

vert bifold.zip

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Why not make the symbol from a bifold door to begin with. Set as fixture interior, inserts into wal, rotate symbol. Add a door way. Still need two symbols on seperate layers but ...

Plan with door used to make symbol and open symbol in doorway. Still need to make other symbol

image.thumb.png.313c51ff66bdc6a1a5b958f88c9e6e30.png

vert bifold.zip 772.44 kB · 0 downloads

This was what I was implying to for making the cabinet doors above using the bifold doors as the starting point. But going direct to making it a symbol is a great way too.

Thanks everyone for your help, it is much appreciated!  As I was busy with Mark's suggestion and couldn't figure out how to rotate the symbol, Rene's video came in and got us to the finish line.  I ended up making 2 separate doors on different layers, 1 open and 1 closed for the different views.

I really like how you go over the Q & A in your video Rene, I will continue to check that out.

Thanks again for all the help!!

Bifold OH Door (Closed).PNG

Bifold OH Door (Open).PNG