how to draw a Descending Roof slope.

buzzsaw204

/@buzzsaw204 your image shows a roof shape that has a common fascia height, as it descends in pitch from 8/12 to 4/12.  A roof thus built has twisted surfaces, not planar, and I do not believe Chief can model this for you unless you segment the roof.

I used Sketchup and drew a 24 x 24 footprint with warped roofs to model what you show in your image.  I triangulated each 24" rafter bay to be able to get the app to show surfaces.  One of the images clearly shows the warp or twist in the roof.  Chief can do this if you model each triangular plane and place them all, but it is tedious.  It is impossible to texture to get a seamless shingled look, because the baselines all differ as you move along the line of the fascia edges.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 133910.png

Screenshot 2023-04-12 134007.png

i tried to convince a truss guy to do this for my own new attached garage in order to avoid a window at the ridge. He wasnt buyng what I was selling

In the end I built the walls shorter as they went towards the house. but I only needed inches not feet 

So if this is going to be trussed, you might want to ask the truss guy if he will build it like that

40 minutes ago, buzzsaw204 said:

YES!! exactly that.

is this using CA - Roof Plane...??? or manually drawn by some other method?

Multiple roof planes pretty much exactly as Gene described.  You essentially need to create a wire frame of using the ridge, the fascia, and the rafters.  You can fill it in with either Roof Planes or Faces.  You can also optionally play with using a Terrain.  You may want to check out this thread:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...