Cabinet pull not touching face of a panel drawer

Larry_Sweeney

Sometime ago I think there was a "discussion" about cabinet pulls not touching the panel face of a paneled drawer. I've tried a search, but couldn't find the subject. I guess what I'm asking is, was there ever a solution/work around to the problem without manually placing the pulls one at a time? You can adjust the horizontal and/or vertical position, so why not the "in/out" position?

vabinet pulls.jpg

Okay, after giving it some more thought (which I should have done in the first place) I took the cabinet pull and placed it in my User library and offset in the "Y" direction 1/4". This new symbol then was used which would "fit" against the recessed panel area of the drawer. I'm assuming this is the work around I had seen in the earlier thread.

That one ought to become a suggestion for a future release, Larry.  Write it up as a request, and show in the request how the setting needs to be able to work at the opening level of a cabinet, not just "globally" for one cabinet.

This, to be able to handle those rare cases like what you show in your image, in which the top drawerfront is a slab and those below it are 5-piece stile and rail with recessed panel.  You want the pull at zero for the flush slabs and at minus whatever for your paneled drawerfronts.

15 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

This, to be able to handle those rare cases like what you show in your image, in which the top drawerfront is a slab and those below it are 5-piece stile and rail with recessed panel.  You want the pull at zero for the flush slabs and at minus whatever for your paneled drawerfronts.

Unfortunately, for that to happen the Symbol would need to be able to know what the drawer face is.  I don't think that could be done.

It's relatively easy for users - as Larry did in this case - to provide separate symbols. 

CA's programming resources would be better spent on other features.

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

CA's programming resources would be better spent on other features.

They just built a system for modifying handles in place, adding a y modifier might be really simple to implement and I would like it personally.

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

They just built a system for modifying handles in place, adding a Z modifier might be really simple to implement and I would like it personally.

It would be nice to have - but as I stated, it would require that the handle symbol could know the geometry of each drawer front.  It doesn't appear to me there's any link within the model to make that happen.  I could be wrong but I don't think so.

29 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

It would be nice to have - but as I stated, it would require that the handle symbol could know the geometry of each drawer front.  It doesn't appear to me there's any link within the model to make that happen.  I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Let me clarify,  I am suggesting that they give us a y offset in the edit menu within a cabinet face item.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 105313.png

9 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Let me clarify,  I am suggesting that they give us a y offset in the edit menu within a cabinet face item.

I can understand that idea - but you would have to do that for each drawer.  I was thinking more of a global solution without needing to burrow down 3 dialogs.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I can understand that idea - but you would have to do that for each drawer.  I was thinking more of a global solution without needing to burrow down 3 dialogs.

I would do it for just one drawer and then split horizontal..my approach anyway.
I agree that we should be able to multi-select drawers in the cabinet editor..make a suggestion?

Here is a perfect example of cabinets that would make use of such a feature when doing the build.  

The same pull is used in the center panels of 5 piece drawerfronts as is used in the slab drawerfronts of the top drawers.  Then above, the pulls are used on doors, on the stiles of the doors.

One would use the feature when building default bases, only, as the default position for the pulls is out at the "flush" location and the feature is only needed to sink them where needed.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 150511.png