New Manufacturer Catalogs for Chief: Email Contacts

SusanC

On this thread you'll find email contacts for manufacturers.  

• Please take a minute to send a short email to these companies and let them know how much you like / use their products, would like to see a digital catalog in Chief, etc.  No need to be wordy, these are companies that have already been contacted by a Chief user.  
  • If you have an email contact for a manufacturer that you would like to share, please do so on this thread.
  • Getting manufacturers on board can be a lengthy process, but definitely speeds up if they hear requests from many Chief users. 

Top Knobs is the first contact I have to share.  Top Knobs responded to an Instagram post yesterday by a Chief user.  If you'd like to see a Top Knobs catalog in Chief, please send them an email at this address:  customerservice@topknobs.com.  

Thank you!!

Susan 

Susan - we use Top Knobs for most of our kitchens and bathrooms.  I have contacted their customer support and they do not have a CAD department from which to publish the 3D models.  Believe me, I have asked customer support and our sales rep on many occasions.  What I've been doing is modeling my own hardware with all the possible installations - attached is the list to date.  I'd be glad to share the catalog or individual pieces if you'd like but I warn you that some of the models are rather poly heavy.  It sure would be nice if more manufacturers would start offering 3D models.  If you're like me, you have a tendency to specify those products for which you have 3D models in Chief.  Kevin

Top Knobs_01.jpg

Top Knobs_02.jpg

Top Knobs_03.jpg

Top Knobs_04.jpg

Top Knobs_05.jpg

Top Knobs_06.jpg

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for offering to share your models and letting me know you've contacted Top Knobs in the past.  

I have seen a Top Knobs catalog in 2020.  3d models must exist somewhere, but not sure who owns them - 2020 or Top Knobs.  However, they've been through the process of getting a digital catalog into 2020 software so they could do it again with Chief - if enough of us request one. 

I agree with you, I would also like to see more manufacturers build 3d models of their products.  The only way they are going to do that is if we ask.  Might not happen immediately, but if we don't ask, it will never happen!

Thanks again,

Susan 

My second email contact to share comes from a post I made on Instagram to Bain Ultra.  They replied with an email contact and suggested I email this person directly.  I've had 2 emails with him and I think it would be helpful to have some other Chief users email him as well to let Bain Ultra know there are quite a few of us who would like to see their catalog in Chief.

Bain Ultra bathtubs

ekristian@bainultrausa.com

3 hours ago, SusanC said:

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for offering to share your models and letting me know you've contacted Top Knobs in the past.  

I have seen a Top Knobs catalog in 2020.  3d models must exist somewhere, but not sure who owns them - 2020 or Top Knobs.  However, they've been through the process of getting a digital catalog into 2020 software so they could do it again with Chief - if enough of us request one. 

I agree with you, I would also like to see more manufacturers build 3d models of their products.  The only way they are going to do that is if we ask.  Might not happen immediately, but if we don't ask, it will never happen!

Thanks again,

Susan 

You're most welcome.  The 2020 catalog must have belonged to 2020 if what Top Knobs tells me is accurate.  Good luck in your endeavor getting more manufacturer's onboard.  FYI - Visual Comfort Lighting is now offering 3D models for their newer products in case you didn't know.

1 hour ago, kwhitt said:

You're most welcome.  The 2020 catalog must have belonged to 2020 if what Top Knobs tells me is accurate.  Good luck in your endeavor getting more manufacturer's onboard.  FYI - Visual Comfort Lighting is now offering 3D models for their newer products in case you didn't know.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the tip on Visual Comfort!  That is another one we've been working on.  Getting a manufacturer to commit to Chief can be a slow process, but really worth it in the end when we wind up with access to a library catalog that has all of the correct part numbers populating our schedules and 3d models that are built to work with Chief.   So, that's what keeps me motivated to try and get other Chief users to write emails!  :) 

Susan

19 hours ago, SusanC said:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the tip on Visual Comfort!  That is another one we've been working on.  Getting a manufacturer to commit to Chief can be a slow process, but really worth it in the end when we wind up with access to a library catalog that has all of the correct part numbers populating our schedules and 3d models that are built to work with Chief.   So, that's what keeps me motivated to try and get other Chief users to write emails!  :) 

Susan

Hi Susan.  You're welcome.  Just for clarification, Visual Comfort is not offering Chief Libraries - only DWG and SKETCHUP formats I believe - both of which can be imported into Chief.  The models are quite good and have saved me much time.

56 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Hi Susan.  You're welcome.  Just for clarification, Visual Comfort is not offering Chief Libraries - only DWG and SKETCHUP formats I believe - both of which can be imported into Chief.  The models are quite good and have saved me much time.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you are correct, Visual Comfort is not offering a Chief library yet, but we're trying to get them interested.  Yes, we can and I have imported .skp files into Chief and built my own libraries for objects that I use often, but if a company already has .skp files for download on their website, it is not a big leap for them to join with Chief and create a library catalog.  Having the catalog in Chief just makes things easier and faster.  :) 

My 3rd email contact to share is for Visual Comfort.  When I was at KBIS last year I met Allison Wyrwicz, Director of Marketing for Visual Comfort.  Visual Comfort has .skp files for much of their line so translating those into a catalog just for Chief is a relatively quick process.  Please send a short email to Allison and let her know that you also like and use Visual Comfort and would love to see them place a 3d product catalog in Chief!  

Thanks!  :)  

Visual Comfort Co.

awyrwicz@visualcomfortco.com