Cabinet Label / Schedule Issue

RobUSMC

Good Weekend Morning to All...

I had one of my designers work on a cabinet layout and get the cabinet schedule ready for ordering. I would ask her but she is on vacation.  Cabinets in plan view have a specified label assigned to each.  In this case she labeled one PO Trash for a trashcan pullout, however in plan view it is showing a different label of C45.  C45 is also what is showing on the schedule.  Am I missing something?  Is there somewhere else this C45 label is located to allow it to be changed?  If I need to upload the plan I will but its a bit large.  Thanks

Screenshot 2023-03-25 095534.png

Screenshot 2023-03-25 100807.png

Hi Rob,   I am not a cabinet guy but here goes....   In the plan you are seeing the "round" schedule callout so the cabinet label is irrelevant unless you allow the schedule to display the label or the Callout and Label, but it appears the schedule is set to display only the callout.

image.thumb.png.0ef8a2bb0329de3b773830b1d395cee7.png

1 minute ago, RobUSMC said:

Ok so I can change the name of the callout that appears on the schedule.   B for base, W for walls, T for talls and so on

This sounds like a completely different question.  The answer though is yes, you can do that, but it would require using that many different schedules.

Can the C1, C2 and so on be assigned to  certain cabinets versus allowing the program to auto assign.  Right now I have C1 next to cabinet C39.  Can and entire run of cabinets be C1, C2, C3......?  Also on the schedule there is a column for notes/comments.  Where can those comments be entered.  Obviously I have not used schedules that often.   Thanks for all the help 

44 minutes ago, RobUSMC said:

Can the C1, C2 and so on be assigned to  certain cabinets versus allowing the program to auto assign.  Right now I have C1 next to cabinet C39.  Can and entire run of cabinets be C1, C2, C3......?  Also on the schedule there is a column for notes/comments.  Where can those comments be entered.  Obviously I have not used schedules that often.   Thanks for all the help 

Yes, you can control which cabinets are labeled C1, C2, C3, etc.  

• Double click on the cabinet schedule to open it up.
  • Click on a cabinet and drag it or use arrow keys to move it up or down rows.  For example, say you want the cabinet that is showing C42 to be C1 instead.  Just click on the C42 row and move it up to C1.  
  • Btw, in the schedule you are also able to change the callout to a different letter if you want and you can change the shape of the callout (which is helpful if you have multiple schedules in one plan).

Column for notes / comments

• These are controlled in each cabinet dialog box.  
  • Open cabinet dialog box.
  • Go to Object Information.
  • Enter any notes in the Comment field.  These show up on your schedule because your designer added that column to her schedule.  

Susan

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 8.20.07 AM.png

22 hours ago, SusanC said:

Yes, you can control which cabinets are labeled C1, C2, C3, etc.  

• Double click on the cabinet schedule to open it up.
  • Click on a cabinet and drag it or use arrow keys to move it up or down rows.  For example, say you want the cabinet that is showing C42 to be C1 instead.  Just click on the C42 row and move it up to C1.  
  • Btw, in the schedule you are also able to change the callout to a different letter if you want and you can change the shape of the callout (which is helpful if you have multiple schedules in one plan).

Column for notes / comments

• These are controlled in each cabinet dialog box.  
  • Open cabinet dialog box.
  • Go to Object Information.
  • Enter any notes in the Comment field.  These show up on your schedule because your designer added that column to her schedule.  

Susan

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 8.20.07 AM.png

Thanks Susan.  I assume to have different Letters such as an I to signify the Island, W for walls, B for base and T for talls, P of panels, I would have to have all these on their won separate schedule.  I tried to add a colulmn for room type but you cant enter those manually the island is in the kitchen then the room type would be kitchen.  If a column lets say Location could be added then I would sperate the island, base, walls and talls that way.

2 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

If a column lets say Location could be added then I would sperate the island, base, walls and talls that way.

If that is a question then yes that is possible just the way Susan described.   You can create your own custom field or repurpose an existing one that is not in use.

2 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

Thanks Susan.  I assume to have different Letters such as an I to signify the Island, W for walls, B for base and T for talls, P of panels, I would have to have all these on their won separate schedule.  I tried to add a colulmn for room type but you cant enter those manually the island is in the kitchen then the room type would be kitchen.  If a column lets say Location could be added then I would seperate the island, base, walls and talls that way.

Rob,

Schedules are an incredible tool in Chief and you are on the right track, there are a number of ways to solve your labeling problem.  I'm sure there are more than just these, but these are the simplest:

• Create a custom column on your schedule or even just make a note in the Comments column that this is a Tall, Wall, etc.  
  • Manually label each cabinet and add a "T" for talls, etc. then turn on cabinet labels and callouts on the schedule so both show on the floorplan.  

We've set up our schedules to align with the way we place the order for cabinets.  This way, as the cabinet acknowledgements come in, it is easy to check them against the schedule. 

Also, I've taken several one on one training sessions with a personal trainer at Chief named Kelly Hauenstein who was incredibly helpful in teaching me the nuances of schedules.  I had a list of questions of unusual things I wanted the schedules to do and he was able to show me how to accomplish them.  kelly@chiefarchitect.com.

Good luck!

Susan

How can one change the text in a schedule.  I've added custom columns but where can you enter the information that goes into that column?  Even an existing column such as description, I dont see anywhere it can be changed. Instead of Utility Cabinet, I want it to show Pantry Cabinet or Linen Cabinet or whatever. There is a location in the cabinet dbx to enter comments or notes but not description

Screenshot 2023-03-27 193454.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 195332.png

Maybe I shouldve asked, If you add an additional column from the pre-loaded column names or a custom column, where do you enter the text so it shows in those columns?  I added cabinet type but where do you enter that information? Or if I wanted to specify where in the kitchen a cabinet belongs (that is not a separate room)... Island, bar, pantry, etc.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 202829.png