Creating holes in concrete walls and concrete floors?

chiefuserken

Does anyone know how to create a hole in a concrete wall or concrete floor? I can make a opening in wall with door and remove jamb, caseing, etc. but want to put something in its place. the door opening symbol stops other items in door opening.  I can subtract objects with 3D solids but walls and floors another issue. Floor I need to have a hole for sump pump well but again no way to create just a hole in the floor? I tried stairs but once stair deleted hole goes away. Chief 14 Premier.

Ken

There are several ways to do what you want.  For walls though, the Opening (Doorway or Pass-Through) method should work just fine, especially if all you need is a basic rectangular hole.  You just need to temporarily turn off Bumping/Pushing (F11) or override all snaps using the Control key to slide another object into the same location.

For your Floor, try using Build>Floor>Hole in Floor Platform

3 hours ago, chiefuserken said:

Floor I need to have a hole for sump pump well but again no way to create just a hole in the floor?

I'd think , making a small room with invisible Walls and making the Room Type  Open Below should work.

M.

The hole in the wall is easy. Seems like you got that covered. 

Window pass-through vs. door may be better in the future - meaning making it as follows, with:

• no casing
  • no sill
  • no frame
  • no sash

For the floor hole (or going through slab) maybe just draw the PVC pipe as a "solid" and show it come through the floor?

It will "read" as a hole in the floor (in plan view) as a result of the 3D solid being created. 

image.thumb.png.4ab99edfb042090cd25889c264b82f8f.png