Symbol Obscured By Solid Filled Polyline Solid In Plan View

j_in_ky

So, I've got a seemingly simple problem that I cannot find a solution to. I have a simple desk which is a polyline solid for the desktop (because in reality the desk is just a hollow core door with a piece of plywood screwed to the top) and two sawhorses that are architectural blocks. I'm just trying to show a TV (one of the flat screens from the core library) that hangs on the wall a little over the desk. The problem is that I have the desktop psolid set with a white fill and no matter I do the TV is always hidden by the psolid so I can't see it in plan view even though it is above the psolid.

I've tried moving the psolid to the back group. I've tried cutting and pasting the TV just in case it has something to do with the draw order. I've clicked on the TV symbol and moved it to front of group but I cannot get it to display on top of the psolid. I want to keep the psolid filled so it obscures the sawhorse legs. 

I'm using X7, so I can adjust the transparency on the psolid and then I can see the symbol but it is faded and looks like it's sitting on the floor in plan view.

So, how can I get this symbol to display above the psolid in plan view? It's not a big deal in the scheme of things, I could always just put a 2D representation in plan, but it just bugs me that I can't get something so seemingly simple to display correctly.

Any possible solutions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance

I would just skip it and draw a 2D CAD box about the same size as the plan view appearance of the TV giving it a white fill. Once there you can easily layer it in plan view to show on top (sometimes the default 2D CAD block of a symbol is obscured, even if you "open symbol - 2D CAD Block) so my solution will work no matter what.

DJP

Thanks for the response. Was hoping there was some secret. Would be nice if Chief gave every object the option to choose the group and place at the front or back of that group. I just inserted the 2D CAD Block from CAD Block management, rather than draw something that roughly resembles it. It fits perfectly over top of the symbol. 

Thanks again