Deck ceiling

TeriCDA

I am creating a lower and upper deck.  I selected flat ceiling over the lower deck and placed lights on the ceiling.  

The 3d view of the ceiling shows the upper deck joists - not a flat ceiling.  How can I get the flat ceiling to be viewed? 

Deck lights.jpg

A room defined as DECK does not have a ceiling at all.  If the upper deck is intended to be a water proof covering such as DURADEK, it would not be defined as DECK.  Give the rooms definitions of what you are calling decks another choice.  You could define them as LIVING ROOM.  You could then specify the room specifications to show what you want.  You could set the floor finish material to the water proof product.  The same goes for the ceiling material specification.  Set the specifications to have a ceiling then change the material to what ever you want.

• Like 1

You are most welcome ~ and welcome to the forum. 

As a brief observation, you may notice that most members list their software versions as well as hardware spec.s

It's sort of an unwritten signature request so that others can be of assistance for future questions. 

Sometimes the answer to a situation may or may not not apply based on whatever version is being used. 

Anyway... all the best! ~ and glad that your minor issue got resolved.