Wall Layers

simonas

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

Ah, just click on the interior part of the wall for the handles (diamond?) to show up on the interior half of the wall and on the exterior half to show on the exterior part of the wall.

At least, I think this is what you are asking about.

Andy.

Simonas,

I don't know how you did this, but the last Layer in your wall is blank.  In addition, the 2nd Layer should not be in the Main Section.  I have no idea how to fix this other than to start over with a NEW Default Template.  You should send this Plan to Support and see if they can figure out what's wrong.  It shouldn't have been possible to get this kind of Wall Type Definition.

post-47-0-58715300-1423413605_thumb.jpg

Perry,

I understand and I've been able to fix any of mine that had that problem. What I don't understand and is really the problem with Simonas' Wall Types is the fact that the Last Layer is "Blank". ie: it has no material, no thickness, etc.

OTOH, maybe it's something to do with the metric dimensions vs english.  The Wall Type Definitions seem to be different in some way that I can't resolve.  Maybe one of the other Metric users can figure it out.

OK, I figured it out.

Simonas had the Defaults for Resize About set to "Inner Surface".  It needs to be "Outside Main Layer"

Joe is a hero of today :) thanks.

but about this last blank layer. Don't you all have this last layer? I have opened Chiefs default template planM and its there as well.

No matter what wall I choose or what template its always there. Even when creating new wall it's automatically placed.

Can someone of you send me a plan where you don't have this blank layer? 

post-1751-0-77039400-1423419349_thumb.png

post-1751-0-84146600-1423419361_thumb.png

After looking more closely I seem to find it on all Wall Types. Evidently it's the Last line of the Wall Assembly - the Interior Surface.

Sometimes it's not obvious in the Wall Type dbx because you might have to scroll down to see it it there are more layers than will fit in the window.

The help file shows the layer named as "Interior Line", but it is not named in the Wall Types dbx.

You can rename it manually, but it would be better if it was named "Interior Line" automatically by default.

I really don't know why can rename it - wouldn't it always be "Interior Line" ?