Error Message

EmmaRolph

I just bought a new MacBook Pro that meets all of the minimum chief architect requirements but when I go into Chief and try and open objects or create full camera views it keeps saying "Internal rendering error". How do I fix this to be able to create full camera views?

A similar question has come up with other users when trying to render, and using Rosetta has been the fix.

• Go to Applications.
  • Find Chief Architect.
  • Right Click, and click on the "Get Info" option. 

Good luck with that ~ and welcome to the forum. 

It should not be necessary to use Rosetta for X15, and I would encourage you to contact tech support before trying to solve this in that way as running with Rosetta will negatively impact performance.  There was an issue with the CPU Ray Tracer executable in X14, but I believe that has been fixed in X15 and it wouldn't have anything to do with opening objects or creating camera views.

We have an abundance of M1 laptops and a few M2 laptops in-house that we don't have issues with, so I'm not sure what to suggest at this point except that contacting tech support is your best bet.

Edit: As @VHamptom has pointed out, you may need to use Rosetta in X14 you're using CPU Ray Tracing. This is fixed in X15.

That's interesting Ryan.  Thanks for tip. 

A user in another thread had recommended this method, and the glitchy rendering behavior calmed down. 

I'm going to turn it (rosetta) off and see what that does. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan-M said:

It should not be necessary to use Rosetta for either X14 or X15, and I would encourage you to contact tech support before trying to solve this in that way as running with Rosetta will negatively impact performance. 

This was a Staff recommendation:image.thumb.png.d7432d9d03052ab6be3cb0d8429b992f.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VHampton said:

This was a Staff recommendation:image.thumb.png.d7432d9d03052ab6be3cb0d8429b992f.png

This is in regards to CPU Ray Tracing.  It doesn't sound to me like that is what the original poster is trying to do, but they can correct me if I'm wrong.

I will update my post, though, as you're right that there is a valid reason in X14 to use Rosetta (though I still wouldn't recommend it unless you're doing CPU Ray Traces).  Thanks for pointing this out.  This doesn't apply to X15, where we have fixed the problem that this was working around in X14.

Thanks again Ryan.  I noticed that... meaning X15 runs like a top and without Rosetta. 

Regarding the OP's post... knowing the operating system can be helpful as well as CA version. 

It could be an X14 issue. 

...anyway, thank you for visiting the forum. It's always reassuring when staff and software managers are monitoring the posts. 

All the best ~ Val