Window Casing Over Zip Wall Not In Correct Location

j2narchitecture

Hi.

I created a new exterior wall type for a zip wall system and am having trouble generating the proper location for the exterior window casing. 

With exterior window casing turned on, the zip wall and siding stop at the casing instead of continuing down to the window opening.  

With the exterior window casing turned off, the zip wall and siding continue to the top and bottom of the window opening - which is what I want except for the missing casing.

How do I add the exterior window casing or get it to generate so that it is on the exterior face of the zip wall?

Any feedback is helpful.

Thank you kindly. 

See attached photos.

Zip Wall - Casing On.jpg

Zip Wall - Casing Turned Off.jpg

Is your window casing marked as "recessed"?  Look under the window options to see if it is recessed to the "sheathing" or "main wall layer".  

If you want the casing to sit completely on the outside of the wall, you should turn off "recessed". 

If you are trying to control where it gets recessed to, then you have to mess around with the recessed setting and how you have defined the wall layers.  I think Chief will only consider the outermost layer to be "sheathing" but the "main layer" is easy to control in the wall definitions.