Collada File editing

Jantzandco

Hey there. Im trying to import collada files from sketchup 3d warehouse into X14. The issue im having is that usually there are additional items that import with the item that I want to use. When I try to edit the cad block  in Chief to delete the additional items it shows them as deleted the 2d view but not in the 3d view. Any help would be great. 

See example of file... it has 2 simpson brackets. I only need one of them. model 2.dae

1 hour ago, Jantzandco said:

Hey there. Im trying to import collada files from sketchup 3d warehouse into X14. The issue im having is that usually there are additional items that import with the item that I want to use. When I try to edit the cad block  in Chief to delete the additional items it shows them as deleted the 2d view but not in the 3d view. Any help would be great. 

See example of file... it has 2 simpson brackets. I only need one of them. model 2.dae

Simpson has a Chief library with many 3d symbols already.

These ones can pretty easily just be made from scratch as well.  I offer this type of thing as a paid service, but here's a quickly thrown together pair of symbols on the house.  These have less faces than the ones in the original dae file as well:

Pic.thumb.jpg.9ec57e3ec9391d19aafde8e37069eb8f.jpg

Custom Column Caps.calibz

Custom Column Cap 1.dae

Custom Column Cap 2.dae

The calibz file was made in X15 but you should be able to import the dae files into older versions.