decorators3

Hi 

Usually I don't  have too many issues with roofs ,  I am trying to create a rendering for this plan.  but the roof plan is very confusing to me.  I tried to auto build roof (  you can see how that turned out by image below ) then change from gable to hip and vice versa depending on the plan but it doesn't seem to work.   Then I tried manual roof planes but that didn't work.  I'm trying to figure out the roof plan the architect did so I can recreate it in 3D it.  Am I making too much of this? I'm two days now trying to get planes to join,  If someone could just explain the architects overhead roof plan then I can try and copy it.

I've watched the videos

I have no issue with the front and rear gables it's the side gables that I cant seem to get right 

elevations show the roof structure I'm following

Any suggestions are welcome, In the meantime I will continue on with manual roof planes

Thanks

Levina

roof view.png

architect front and rear elevations.pdf architect roof view.pdf architect side elevations.pdf

I could fix this very quickly for you if you posted your plan file. If you are 2 days into this, you should really consider either paying for some training or hiring out the roof. You may be surprised how little you'd need to pay because for an expert, that roof is only several minutes of work!

Post your plan or send me a PM with a file link and I'll fix this one for you just to be helpful!

• Upvote 2

how do I send a link

30 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I could fix this very quickly for you if you posted your plan file. If you are 2 days into this, you should really consider either paying for some training or hiring out the roof. You may be surprised how little you'd need to pay because for an expert, that roof is only several minutes of work!

Post your plan or send me a PM with a file link and I'll fix this one for you just to be helpful!

My files is 4.4 mb but won't upload - error message

I am operating on CA x11  Can I hire out to have a roof completed, 

I've uploaded my plan the - the completed png image that was so graciously provided to me by garybills.. My plan is uploaded but I need assistance.  Just cant seem to get get pitches right or follow the notes .. I've been working this for too long and am very frustrated,  I want to hire out to get this roof in place so I can complete the exterior rendering and landscaping for my client 

Many thanks

On 3/18/2023 at 3:29 PM, Garybills said:

I made some notes that might help you set things up. Hope it helps.

s. 700547880_ROOF0318PLAN.thumb.jpg.796dfbedd997e4b3706ecc7f48eba03d.jpg1298554204_ROOF0318.thumb.PNG.d8b807ebc8b650b46fb53b60e70f67f0.PNG

for ct 20230320.plan

51 minutes ago, decorators3 said:

I am operating on CA x11  Can I hire out to have a roof completed, 

I've uploaded my plan the - the completed png image that was so graciously provided to me by garybills.. My plan is uploaded but I need assistance.  Just cant seem to get get pitches right or follow the notes .. I've been working this for too long and am very frustrated,  I want to hire out to get this roof in place so I can complete the exterior rendering and landscaping for my client 

Many thanks

for ct 20230320.plan 4.29 MB · 1 download

If you can't find anyone, I can do it in Home Designer Pro 2020. You would have to go to Edit, default settings, plan and mark allow editing in select Home Designer Products. 

Gary Bills

garybills_9@yahoo.com

29 minutes ago, Garybills said:

If you can't find anyone, I can do it in Home Designer Pro 2020. You would have to go to Edit, default settings, plan and mark allow editing in select Home Designer Products. 

Gary Bills

garybills_9@yahoo.com

ok I can do that but will I be able to do the reverse action and render in CA11