X15 Below Grade Dashed Lines Question

HumbleChief

With those check-boxes you are choosing to override the default line settings which are otherwise controlled by the various object and layer settings.  Notice that you can't select an Override Color, an Override Style, or an Override Weight until you check the box that says you want to do so.  In other words, you are choosing whether you want to leave it all as is or override with a single new setting that you're about to select.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

With those check-boxes you are choosing to override the default line settings which are otherwise controlled by the various object and layer settings.  Notice that you can't select an Override Color, an Override Style, or an Override Weight until you check the box that says you want to do so.  In other words, you are choosing whether you want to leave it all as is or override with a single new setting that you're about to select.

Thanks Michael, but wouldn't that imply that the original settings, that are not being overridden would affect the drawing according to those settings? IOW if I choose to "leave it all as is" wouldn't those selected settings show on the drawing "as is"? Nothing seems to show until I click the Override Style button. If I don't click that button, and want the style to remain un-overridden, nothing shows.

An example

21 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

It seems like the 'Override Line Style' button behaves like an on/off button?

Yes, those checkboxes are "on/off buttons."

As you can see when you first open the camera DBX, there is no effect applied to the below grade lines until you "turn on" the feature by checking the box(es).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

If I don't click that button, and want the style to remain un-overridden, nothing shows.

The "style" that is being "un-overridden" by not checking the boxes, is the style of the object in its natural state, which is defined by layer and object settings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tundra_dweller said:

Larry, I think you're misinterpreting the "Override Line Style" dialog. What I believe that checkbox means is if you check it you will be overriding the current layer/object style setting with whatever line style is shown at the "Override Line Style" checkbox.

I think you're exactly correct. Thank you all.

24 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Thanks Michael.