Edit Schedule Category

ValleyGuy

Go to solution Solved by scottharris,

Is it possible to edit the categories in schedules? I've added a "New Custom Category" and now would now like to modify / delete the name of it and can not seem to find a way to do so. Does anyone have direction on this?

1817877010_NoteScheduleIssue.thumb.png.4d1d1379ee1e52b93316445cdad29c99.png

5 hours ago, ValleyGuy said:

Is it possible to edit the categories in schedules? I've added a "New Custom Category" and now would now like to modify / delete the name of it and can not seem to find a way to do so. Does anyone have direction on this?

The question has been marked as answered already, but I think a few additional things should really be noted on this:

The title and wording of your question refer to both Schedule Categories/New Custom Categories but your screenshot is showing Note Types/New Note Types.  These are 2 entirely different things.  Although the Note Types show up as available Schedule Categories, they themselves are not actually Custom Schedule Categories and must be deleted through Note Type Management as @scottharris already pointed out.  As another example, adding a Wall Type would also create a new Schedule Category which in turn would need to be deleted by removing the Wall Type through the Wall Type Definitions dialog.  Same goes for Room Types which must be deleted through the Room Types dialog--and so on.  A new object type will create a new category that can in turn only be deleted by deleting that particular object type through its appropriate dialog.

Actual Custom Schedule Categories on the other hand can be managed through Default Settings>Schedules>Custom Schedule Categories.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

The question has been marked as answered already, but I think a few additional things should really be noted on this:

It does get a little confusing navigating the waters for the first time and finding HELP info on only one topic (Custom Schedule Topics) adds a little frustration in trying to clean up any mess in the Note Type Category created while trying to learn this stuff. I suppose an amendment / addition to the HELP instructions stating what Scott said would be in order, I'll make a suggestion.

Thanks for your follow up clarification. All you long time users are a real wealth of knowledge and are appreciated on this form, keep chiming in - even if our immediate problem seems to be solved. Every little bit info that weaves this program together and provides clarification sure helps anyone learning it.