Error while saving

aaronbaribeau

Any suggestions as to what this means, or how to fix it? Happens every time I try to save files in x15

Critical Error writing preferences: access error status while writing:

Error detail:

IniFile.cpp(202): Error #272032510

"Critical Error writing preferences: access error status while writing: /Users/aaronbaribeau/.config/Chief Architect Inc/Chief Architect Premier X15.ini"

03/11/2023 03:58:33 PM

Build: 25.0.3.69 macOS Intel

1 hour ago, aaronbaribeau said:

Any suggestions as to what this means, or how to fix it? Happens every time I try to save files in x15

Critical Error writing preferences: access error status while writing:

Error detail:

IniFile.cpp(202): Error #272032510

"Critical Error writing preferences: access error status while writing: /Users/aaronbaribeau/.config/Chief Architect Inc/Chief Architect Premier X15.ini"

03/11/2023 03:58:33 PM

Build: 25.0.3.69 macOS Intel

For sure you should contact tech support to report this.

I have no Idea what the codes mean but it may not be all that complicated.

Check in  Preferences > Folders > All Program Paths: > Show > Preferences Folder.

Make sure that the drive letter and path are legit.   ie. that you have not renamed or changed the drive 

Yours looks a little odd and maybe not default.   Mine is currently:        C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Chief Architect Inc

Pretty sure that ".ini " file gets rewritten every time you close the program so It is likely looking for a location it can not access.

14 minutes ago, glennw said:

Chopsaw,

It looks like the OP is on a mac.

My Preferences Folder is /Users/glennwoodward/.config/Chief Architect Inc

Ok that looks more consistent with the OPs situation.    Does Apple not define drive letters ?

"Mac OSX has roots in BSD and the Unix world. In Unix drives are not marked by special letters; instead the top level of the OS is marked by the root symbol /, and any other drives are mounted (attached to the system) as a subdirectory of the root system. No letters at all."