Curved Tub Deck Trim

RobUSMC

We are building a curved tub deck for a drop in tub. The face and top will be tiled. We use the Schluter system and their tile trim profiles to finish off the unfinished edges. How can I add this curved trim to the front nose of the tub deck?  I created the tub deck will a 3D solid but cant figure out how to create the radius trim in the same curve as the tub deck.

1.png

2.png

schiene_rad_6_12_a_web.jpg

3.png

4.png

1 hour ago, RobUSMC said:

Not exactly sure what you mean.

I started with a cabinet, but you can also just make a custom counter. Add molding, remove from edges where not wanted. Did not have a quick oval drop that inserted to dropped in plan, altered size. Added ellipse, shaped  to match tub, used that to make hole in counter. Move tub

Should add I adjusted tub a smidge.

image.thumb.png.ce679251c378f5a4c72593ea909ffaef.png

curved tub.plan

1 hour ago, RobUSMC said:

LOL.  Above my paygrade!!! Not exactly sure what you mean. Never done it.  Ill just specify it on the tile plan.

Try in test Save As Plan

1. convert 3D solid to a plain polyline

2. Convert plain polyline to Countertop   ( they allow moldings to be assigned to their Edge)

3. Choose/Apply molding to edge of countertop    ( may need to pre-draw the molding in cross section 1st if not done? )

4. In your case set CTop to desired thickness/height.

Mick.

image.thumb.png.12f1d118c6287bca5b4ea21055028ec6.png    image.thumb.png.6b9e50ba5ada936bfd0b49c731caaf9a.png

image.thumb.png.986280ca622a14e5989a29905b9376a5.png

• Upvote 1