Floor Platform Missing in 3d

ResidualBoulders

Hi there, I have been a chief user for nearly 20 years, though I have taken a 6-8 year break recently from design work. Back at it again and my existing plans and new plans I draw the floor platforms are missing. Even the garage walls do not come all the way down to meet the foundation. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, it used to just always draw that in the 3d view. Any ideas?

examples:

I am using version x3. I tried searching the forum for an answer. no luck.

908.thumb.jpg.c023b64acf30734b75fba3388d23d477.jpg

2318.thumb.jpg.0de3ba8563b5a3e9eb0538ec0c5aeba6.jpg

34 minutes ago, ResidualBoulders said:

Hi there, I have been a chief user for nearly 20 years, though I have taken a 6-8 year break recently from design work. Back at it again and my existing plans and new plans I draw the floor platforms are missing. Even the garage walls do not come all the way down to meet the foundation. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, it used to just always draw that in the 3d view. Any ideas?

examples:

I am using version x3. I tried searching the forum for an answer. no luck.

908.thumb.jpg.c023b64acf30734b75fba3388d23d477.jpg

2318.thumb.jpg.0de3ba8563b5a3e9eb0538ec0c5aeba6.jpg

Welcome back to Chief.  Lots of changes since you left.  The other users greatly appreciate it if you can fill out your signature with which version you are using and some basics of your system as it helps with answering questions like this very one.

In this case it is a little hard to tell but ALWAYS when something is not showing first steps would be to make sure the proper layer is turned on in THE VIEW you are seeing the issue.  Just because the layer is on in the plan file doesn't mean it is on in the layer set for the 3d as each view has it's own settings.  Another thing to check is that you have framed your floor so the system is actually there in the model.  Otherwise post your plan.

55 minutes ago, ResidualBoulders said:

yeah I probably need to upgrade. Thanks for the tip! I probably knew that once, it's just been a while.

All subscription Based now ( Jan.9th )  though there is a one - off Upgrade offer for the 1st year for Users with old Versions.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/37322-chief-architect-software-licensing-changes-beginning-january-10-2023/?do=getNewComment

a how to for your SIG. as Ryan mentioned.....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick. 

Posting your plan would eliminate a lot of guesswork, but you might check that the walls are at the default bottom and height. Not sure about your version, but with X14 you select the wall, open its dialog box and then click the structure tab. At the top are the boxes for default height.