Cutting off overhang in front of my shed dormer

emac60

I am having trouble deleting the overhang in front of my shed dormer. I am going to have a cantilevered deck with a patio door. I tried creating an additional "hole" in the roof plane, and it draws just as a hole through my sliding door. This is a non exploded auto floating dormer. The overhang goes away, leaving a "hole" across the face of the siding and doorway. (pic below) I searched the tutorials and forum... no luck.

thanks so much

Ed

dormer issue.jpg

2 hours ago, emac60 said:

I am having trouble deleting the overhang in front of my shed dormer. I am going to have a cantilevered deck with a patio door. I tried creating an additional "hole" in the roof plane, and it draws just as a hole through my sliding door. This is a non exploded auto floating dormer. The overhang goes away, leaving a "hole" across the face of the siding and doorway. (pic below) I searched the tutorials and forum... no luck.

thanks so much

Ed

dormer issue.jpg

This should be easy to do by manually adjusting the roof perimeters.  Post a plan and I will have a go at it.

I agree with Alan, this should just be done with walls and roof planes.  Having said that, I would start by exploding your dormer.  Then convert the hole in your lower roof plane to a standard polyline.  Then select that roof plane, click the polyline subtraction tool, and then click on the polyline that used to be a roof hole. 

image.thumb.png.9339b0921270aaaccdd9da4c3155fa1c.png

I exploded the dormer. Then manually adjusted the roof following the suggestions that Eric made.  I duplicated this in X-15 and had the same results.  Perhaps you should contact tech support and report this as a bug.

• 3 weeks later...