Yeah; it's a bit annoying, but one way I've overcome it is to use the soffit tool and add a very thin (1/16") molding to the sides the same height as the beam.  You can tell the beam to sit under ceiling and it will automatically slope following the ceiling.

The moldings allows you to then have two different variations of the material traveling in the correct direction if you need.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DeLayDesign said:

Yeah; it's a bit annoying, but one way I've overcome it is to use the soffit tool and add a very thin (1/16") molding to the sides the same height as the beam.  You can tell the beam to sit under ceiling and it will automatically slope following the ceiling.

The moldings allows you to then have two different variations of the material traveling in the correct direction if you need.

This is brilliant! I'm going to mess with this now. I know that we can add moldings to the soffit. I just did not think about this. Thank you

10 hours ago, DeLayDesign said:

use the soffit tool and add a very thin (1/16") molding to the sides the same height as the beam.

This would also be a very simple way to adjust into a boxed beam with the sides extending slightly lower.