Electrical Schedules

basilbabaa

Surely there is a way to include several rooms in a single electrical schedule?  But I cannot find it...

i.e. I have a master bath, toilet closet, and shower that are separate rooms so that the room moldings work for each.  Then I have two master closets and a hall attached to the master bedroom...

I want ALL these rooms to be considered the MASTER SUITE, and I want a single electrical schedule to reference the MASTER SUITE instead of 8 schedules.

So schedules can either include objects from all rooms or from just one room.  There is no automatic way that I know of to create a schedule for a group of rooms.

You can create a schedule that includes only objects set up to be in their own custom category though.  So you could take all of the electrical objects that you want in your schedule and mark them as "master suite electrical" and tell the schedule to only include objects that are marked as "master suite electrical".

See this tech article for more info:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03120/creating-custom-schedules.html

2 hours ago, basilbabaa said:

Surely there is a way to include several rooms in a single electrical schedule?  But I cannot find it...

i.e. I have a master bath, toilet closet, and shower that are separate rooms so that the room moldings work for each.  Then I have two master closets and a hall attached to the master bedroom...

I want ALL these rooms to be considered the MASTER SUITE, and I want a single electrical schedule to reference the MASTER SUITE instead of 8 schedules.

Set all the other symbols of that type for that floor to not be included in schedule and do a schedule for the entire floor (I.E. just the electrical units for your master suite would be marked to include in schedule.)