Spacemouse pro radial menus

KenL-sdd

Go to solution Solved by ComputerMaster86,

I'm working with the 3dconnexion spacemouse pro and trying to program radial menus with no success. All my hair is almost GONE...<LOL>
I have tried using the hot keys of W,E for "Walls Exterior" I have a screen capture of the macro and the xml text below.

PS:I have tried different delays with the same result.

Here is the xml file data for that command.

<ButtonAction Type="Sequence">
      <ID>ID_WI_743333667c714231</ID>
      <Name>WI</Name>
      <Sequence Pause="120">
        <ActionID>Space</ActionID>
        <Text Pause="2">w</Text>
        <Pause>250</Pause>
        <Text Pause="2">i</Text>
      </Sequence>
    </ButtonAction>

Since that didn't work I went to using the keyboard commands of "ALT B to access the menu. Then W for walls, then E for Exterior walls. This always puts me on wall hatching. I have tried different delays with the same result.
I even tried on another computer to be sure that it was not an issue on my desktop. The result was the same.

Here is the xml file data for that command.

<ButtonAction Type="Sequence">
      <ID>ID_we_c710f12e7bdd6a35</ID>
      <Name>Wall Ext</Name>
      <Sequence Pause="12">
        <ActionID>Esc</ActionID>
        <ActionID>Alt+B</ActionID>
        <Text Pause="2">W</Text>
         <Text Pause="12">E</Text>
      </Sequence>
    </ButtonAction>

Any help, suggestions, examples, or comments would be appreciated.

Ken

Wall Ext.jpg

Hotkey macro.jpg

My macro for Exterior Walls  is this...  Corresponds to the underlined portion of text when pressing "Alt" and navigating the drop-down menus with the keyboard.

Alt + B (Build Dropdown Menu)

W (Wall Sub-Menu)

E (Straight Exterior Wall)

image.thumb.png.e5cd56324ac07ee30aa3815cf8589613.png

Image Icon Files can be found in the folder...  You can manually add (link) them to your macro.

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X15\resources\buttons

image.thumb.png.ba53eecbb3ff20def128c0681b608e9a.png

• Upvote 1

@ComputerMaster86

A HUGE thank you! I thought that is where I started off programming the menu (no pics). Thanks for your information it will be a huge help. I can't tell you how much time I have wasted trying to program the SpaceMouse. I'm also on Windows 10 Desktop and 11 Laptop and both have X15 since Beta.

I appreciate you taking the time to send me the menu file.

Again, Thank you and I will keep you updated.

For Chief Architect X15, I only have created 5 radial menus at this point in time.  I haven't got around to creating anymore but, will at some point in the future.  I have recently starting using the 3D connections keyboard and have been using the 3D Connexion SpaceMouse Compact and their CAD Mouse.  I don't have any experience with using the Space Mouse Pro or Space Mouse Enterprise.

• Upvote 1

@ComputetMaster86 thank you for your help and files. We located the problem with@MPDesign. He had a older software. He updated the software and your menus are now working on his system.

We all appreciate your time and knowledge. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

• 2 months later...