Fire Rated Wall correction method?

ACADuser

See below as to how the wall was supposed to be installed but they attached the top track to the 2X & stopped the ceiling 2X5/8 layer at the wall drywall.

Any ideas of how to fix the top of wall condition so it remains 1 hour rated?

I was thinking that two layers of rated drywall attached to the top but what to do at the bracing?

1) remove & reinstall bracing?

2) foam fill rated foam around the 2X bracing?

Firewall.JPG

My thoughts would be to install a second double layer of drywall on top of the wall (and overlapping onto the top of the existing double layer ceiling) Either remove and reinstall blocks on top of that or depending on your local requirements, the blocks themselves may even qualify.  I remember one large project of ours where 4x blocking was called out at a spot where installing drywall was deemed unreasonable.  You could also optionally install a double layer drywall wrap over the top of the blocking as well maybe?  I don't know.  Just a thought. 

Bob, sorry to mislead you but this is a code question not a Chief question. Thanks for the reply.

Michael, I think the 2x4 bracing is too thin by itself to be rated, maybe a 4x4 would, as timber is rated based on a char value.

I've never used that method. I like the drywall wrap on the 2x. I looked for a foam or caulk but they are limited in there use.

The problem is there is 300 feet of wall to repair.

Some walls run perpendicular to the trusses. So the wood truss bottom chord is now the fire rated bracing member.